Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: pistol /revolver

Strange, I assume you actually wrote "Black Powder" on your application & Not "Muzzle Loading" ?
    I have 2 slots for ".44 Pistol MUZZLE LOADING" But on my application I wrote ".44 Black Powder Muzzle Loading Pistol"
    I am quite certain that the argument you've already won in your head was entirely more satisfying to you than the one that is actually occurring.
    Member of WR&PC,BASC & UBC

found copy of what i asked/wrote
    .44 black powder ml pistol
    .36 black powder ml pistol
    ballkeeper

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by gtpkeeper View Post
    so i can go buy any .36 and .44 blackpowder gun ?

there ya go this whats on my cert
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8471/8...8830d384_b.jpg
    Strictly not - you can acquire a .36 revolver but not a .36 single shot, and you can acquire a .44 Pistol, not a revolver. That said your FEO, and presumably your FLDept, seem relaxed about this - some are and some are not - and possible some RDF's will also feel the need to check with your FEO.

WRT Blackpowder guns which are not Muzzle loading (e.g. BP cartridge guns), I expect you would find no dealer prepared to sell a S5 gun to a S1 certificate holder, but there do exist S1 BP cartridge revolver rifles

Strictly not - you can acquire a .36 revolver but not a .36 single shot, and you can acquire a .44 Pistol, not a revolver.
    well thats what i thought a revolver is and pistol is single ,and is there in writting

That said your FEO, and presumably your FLDept, seem relaxed about this
    ,re how would it look if i went to court , my defense oh he said on phone

WRT Blackpowder guns which are not Muzzle loading (e.g. BP cartridge guns), I expect you would find no dealer prepared to sell a S5 gun to a S1 certificate holder, but there do exist S1 BP cartridge revolver rifles
    sorry i said bp guns ,i ment muzzle loaders
    Last edited by gtpkeeper; 02-02-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    ballkeeper

so i can go buy any .36 and .44 blackpowder gun ?

there ya go this whats on my cert
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8471/8...8830d384_b.jpg

You can buy any MUZZLE-LOADING .36 and/or .44cal handgun.

That includes the rather odd conversions made by Mr Westlake and others that use nitro propellant in VERY small amounts, rather than comparatively large charges of BP.

The use of black powder subs - Pyrodex P/Select/Triple 7/ Cleanshot/Trailboss and any other substitutes for black powder that might be available, is implicit in the permission. If in doubt, ask your FEO, but I've been shooting substitutes here in UK since 1984.

As has been noted - the fact that you have 'black powder' on your permit is rather odd - on a Section 1 FAC there can be no other type of large-calibre handgun other than a muzzle-loader, LBRs excepted.

tac

The term 'muzzle-loading' is the important bit, not the propellant.

tac

right, rang the feo up black powder 44 pistol ,36 revolver he said "so long as my cert says blackpowder next to each calibre its the same thing really,just dont go ordering colt python from the usa thou as thats prohibited,

but as you say odd it got bp on cert, not to mention saying pistol an revolver
    Last edited by gtpkeeper; 03-02-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    ballkeeper

think ill ring him again and see if he can send anew one out stating 36 and 44 ml

i wonder if thats poss ???
    ballkeeper

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    think ill ring him again and see if he can send anew one out stating 36 and 44 ml

i wonder if thats poss ???
    I'd tread carefully, you don't want to pee him off as not sounding like he knows what he's doing (but thats probably the case).
    I'd suggest you say that you were trying to buy the .44 or .36 & the RFD said you couldn't with that wording. Then FEO can make the alterations & save face at the same time.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

thats a nice way of doing it,
    he prob ask for the rfd name an number

hope to order or colect a black powder storage box ,and chain ibolt fit it then call him to come around could say then?
    Last edited by gtpkeeper; 03-02-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    ballkeeper

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Sounds like a plan.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

just working out reloading for 357 or go over to the dark side
    ballkeeper

ill go down to gunshop see if they think/sale me one ,on what it sayes
    ballkeeper

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    er......should not describe either as "Blackpowder" - very imprecise for the following reasons:

1) Some cartridge guns are Blackpowder, but such a Pistol would be S5

2) Some S1 Muzzleloaders are Nitro proofed - perfectly OK on S1 FAC

3) Perfectly OK to shoot a S1 Muzzle loader using 777 or other BP substitutes, but this would violate your FAC

They should be described as "Muzzle loading Revolver" or "Muzzle loading Pistol" in accordance with the Firearms Acts.
    I got one of these http://www.glossover.co.uk/blog/?p=426 it's a zylab patriot pistol, it is a muzzle loader
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

an what do you think of it
    ballkeeper

an what do you think of it
    it's brilliant it's a small pistol (compared to my roger & spencer bp revolver) 200foot pounds, 5 shot very economical to run 1 (yes, one) grain of bullseye plus primer (1 lb tub contains 7000 grains) the only problem I have is getting hold of the bullet heads (98 grain gas checked wadcutter ) seen a mould (rcbs) but at £90 I cannot afford it yet, other than that I would sell all my other guns in order to keep the zylab,

Ps the grip is a bit too big for my small mitts but a tub of polymorph sorted that!
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php