Thread: BSA Ultra

BSA Ultra

Is it possible to hunt at 50 metres with a BSA Ultra with 11.2 flb, with an accurate shot would this still down a rabbit? I have seen some You Tube bits but not certain how much is credable.
    Live long, Die Oblong, but not for a long time yet.

The whole world smiles in the same language.

Have a look at si pittaway's vids on you tube he uses an ultra amongst other stuff and he hits small targets at longer ranges than 5Om
    A few nice rifles

chair gun calculates how much power a pellet has a what range and how much drop you just put in the caliber, pellet weight and rifle power
    it says a 177 8.4 grain at 11.55 ft lbs would still carry 6.370 ft lbs and i keep reading it only takes 4 ft lbs to kill a rabbit but you have to hit
    the rite place and wind may effect it
    you can down load chair gun free just google it
    atb paul

I've done it with my .177 Ultra on dead still evenings, off a bipod and with a high mag scope. It's not something I'd particularly recommend though and I'd be no more likely to recommend it with my HW100 either. It's just far too easy for the slightest bit of wind to influence a shot over that range, particularly at sub FAC power levels, potentially leading to wounded quarry. There's not really any excuse for it either - it's not often you can't reduce range a significant degree to take a safer shot.

Long range

All I'm going to say is practise,practise,more practise, at knock down targets at that kind of range,not just a few shots,hundreds of shots in different positions,don't forget wind,rain can affect the pellet in any calibre,do some recon before you go live shooting,field craft is the key..