Thread: As if Relum's didn't have a bad enough name!

As if Relum's didn't have a bad enough name!

Hello,

I had a bit of a nasty surprise tonight preparing to rebuild my Tornado after being re-blued, when I noticed an asbestos gasket / washer of all things holding the leather piston seal in place

But as they say, they did put the damn stuff in pretty much everything and a former soviet block country maybe I shouldn't have been surprised!! So quick tip all, if you do renovate one of these things, make sure you keep the red coloured gasket damp when removing

ATB

Chris
    Last edited by ChrisGerr; 30-01-2013 at 09:31 AM. Reason: spelling
    Falcon Raptor (FN12) Lighthunter - Walnut FX Cutlas - EB XVI - HW35 'Karbine' - BSA Airsporter MK4 - Webley Mk III - Relum Tornado - FWB Sport 127 Deluxe - Crosman 1322 custom - Sussex Armoury Jackal - BSA Superstar - Logun Eagle (All .22) and HW80 in .25

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    It is there intentionally as Relums need to be resistant to high temperatures, the reason being owners tend to throw them on the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    It is there intentionally as Relums need to be resistant to high temperatures, the reason being owners tend to throw them on the fire.

Relums? A bad name? Ive not heard that one before.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

Relums? A bad name? Ive not heard that one before.
    Thats only cos you lot out in the wilds still converse in smoke signals oh 6 fingered bango player and grand master of Ecky Thump .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Was it a fibre washer???
    Yep it was a red coloured compressed asbestos fibre (CAF) gasket. Pretty low risk material, but didn't want members 'grinding' these to fit.

HTH

Chris
    Falcon Raptor (FN12) Lighthunter - Walnut FX Cutlas - EB XVI - HW35 'Karbine' - BSA Airsporter MK4 - Webley Mk III - Relum Tornado - FWB Sport 127 Deluxe - Crosman 1322 custom - Sussex Armoury Jackal - BSA Superstar - Logun Eagle (All .22) and HW80 in .25

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGerr View Post
    Yep it was a red coloured compressed asbestos fibre (CAF) gasket. Pretty low risk material, but didn't want members 'grinding' these to fit.

HTH

Chris

Very good advice indeed

Owners should also be aware that removing this washer, will half the rifles value

just what you need asbestos being forced into the atmosphere at a shockingly fast speed of 1ftlb
    Edgun Matador R3 .22, Steyr Hunting 5 .177, winstar mach1 de .177 Weihrauch HW85 .22

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

thanks for the tip.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

thanks on that.

Those of us partaking in a bit of monthly magazine reading will be fascinated to read (and see) what Mr Ian (Tornado) Jones thinks of that fine sporting air rifle, the Relum Tornado. Coming to an "Airgunner" magazine near you, very soon......

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Thumbs up As I was digesting the importance of this thread

I am donning my respirator and asbestos-proof suit now in preparation for some 2m FT practice