Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Springer Over Power

Springer Over Power

Can someone please give me a definitive answer...

I bought a brand new TX200, it chrono end in the shop at 11.5ft lbs

Over time (since March) and after a couple of tins of pellets it has now crept up to 12.3ft lbs.

Someone suggested that it would come down again, and others say that it will continue to rise and then plateau over power.

What should I do?

Do TX200 come with washers that I could remove from new?

Thanks for your help...
    sportswatch.me |cocoamedia.co.uk
    AA S400F Carbine 1.77 modded with UK Neil Air stripper,Rowan Trigger MTC Viper 6-24 x 56 SCB | AA TX200 1.77, MTC Viper 10x44 SCB | Webley Alecto 1.77, Hawke 30 Red Dot.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoamedia View Post

Over time (since March) and after a couple of tins of pellets it has now crept up to 12.3ft lbs.

Someone suggested that it would come down again, and others say that it will continue to rise and then plateau over power.

What should I do?

Thanks for your help...
    If you're unsure, take it back to the shop. That's the safest and easiest solution.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Take it back to the shop or take a compression spacer out of it -that should lower the power enough to take it back under 12ftlb.

Or take that bloody great metal top hat out!

Quote Originally Posted by brucegill View Post
    Best plan

What should I do?

Thanks for your help...
    If the gun was bought new this year then it will be covered on the warrenty (unless someones been tinkering with it) so it wont cost you nothing, but if you dont fancy sending it back off to air arms and your confident in your abilities then strip it and do it yourself

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by brucegill View Post
    Surely this would lower it far too much?.

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Surely this would lower it far too much?.

Barrel
    Just add a few washers to the front... I'll have a couple of spare air arms washers for the rear next week if OP wants. Taking away from the front drops power less than taking away the back.

As its still under warranty I think I'll ring the shop and take it back today (its only 8 miles away).

Thanks for all your help, I'll keep you posted as to the outcome...
    AA S400F Carbine 1.77 modded with UK Neil Air stripper,Rowan Trigger MTC Viper 6-24 x 56 SCB | AA TX200 1.77, MTC Viper 10x44 SCB | Webley Alecto 1.77, Hawke 30 Red Dot.

I just got my new TX200 last night (after a SEVEN WEEK wait!) - the first thing I did was run a 20-shot string over the chrono, only to find that 80% of the shots are well over the limit using AA Fields

I whipped the stock off, and can see FOUR washers packing the spring, so tonight I'll be opening her up (the TX has got to be THE easiest gun to strip) and I'll be taking out some, if not all the washers before re-chronoing.

Talk about "buyer beware" - I'm more & more convinced that every airgunner should have a chrono, just to protect themselves "ignorance is no defence under the law"

Dunk
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"

My Mk III TX200 (in .22) was bought second hand and is over five years old. Power crept up slowly over a lengthy period (not days or months!) but was easily resolved by removing the single steel washer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunk1302 View Post
    I just got my new TX200 last night (after a SEVEN WEEK wait!) - the first thing I did was run a 20-shot string over the chrono, only to find that 80% of the shots are well over the limit using AA Fields
    I was idly wondering whether Dunk1302 or cocoamedia had asked Air Arms about how the power is checked at the point of manufacture, and if so what was the response?

Quote Originally Posted by severnsider View Post

I was idly wondering whether Dunk1302 or cocoamedia had asked Air Arms about how the power is checked at the point of manufacture, and if so what was the response?
    At the end of the day, the legality of the gun is my responsibility from the moment I take ownership - that's why I always chrono a new gun when I get it home (if not before at the RFD). I'd fully expect AA to say "it was fine when it left the factory"

Dunk
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"

The plot thickens... I took it back to the shop and thier Skan chrono says its 10.1ft lb..

All the chronos at the club put it at 12.3...

I'll try again with my F1 positioned indoors to see it it matches the shop..

Beware the F1 is very sensitive to light chances, I've always got false readings using them inside.
    Basc member

*** Looking for a Diana 54/52 ***

The plot thickens... I took it back to the shop and thier Skan chrono says its 10.1ft lb..

All the chronos at the club put it at 12.3...

Blimey! Thats a big deference! Good luck mate, I know one club I use has a Skan thats way over what any another chrono reads (Inclding other Skans)