Thread: New scope

New scope

hi all

Looking for a good new scope I really love the ret on the MTC Genesis the AMD ret is exactly what im looking for but I cant help thinking that a scope with x20 zoom is overkill its also pretty chunky (I use a range finder) and shoot off x10 as a rule but would prefer a scope with a little more, say 14-16 zoom.

I know there's theTaipan which has the AMD but I've read iffy reports on the sunshade (is it detachable...?)

So are there any x14\16 scopes out there using a ret like that on the Genesis

NB. what mag do you guys use to shoot with...?

ATB
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Clean Shot View Post
    hi all

Looking for a good new scope I really love the ret on the MTC Genesis the AMD ret is exactly what im looking for but I cant help thinking that a scope with x20 zoom is overkill its also pretty chunky (I use a range finder) and shoot off x10 as a rule but would prefer a scope with a little more, say 14-16 zoom.

I know there's theTaipan which has the AMD but I've read iffy reports on the sunshade (is it detachable...?)

So are there any x14\16 scopes out there using a ret like that on the Genesis

NB. what mag do you guys use to shoot with...?

ATB
    Paul
    12ft/lbs 6 to 7 mag
    30ft/lbs 10 mag
    powder 10 mag

Why not consider the Viper or Mamba?
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Hi Paul

Anyone that wants to spend a lot of money on an expensive scope, its their money good luck to them.
    I do 2,000 rats per year with my n/v add on and my jsr 3-9x40 £60 scope, used on 3 mag. With the help of 2 shooting friends, ive done 4,000 rabbits over the last 2 years, this is with rimfire and a mtc mamba-lite in 4-16x44, most of these's are head shot rabbits at around 80 yds on average mainly using n/v. I use 12 mag in daylight, and between 8-10 mag at night with the n/v. I just dont see why people need really high mag heavy expensive scopes for air rifle hunting, where 40 ish yds is around the maximum range one would want to be shooting, ok you need a good enough quality to do the job, particuly if there going to be shooting under the lamp, or for a scope thats compatable with n/v add on system's, but imo the mamba-lite is good enough for all this, reasonally priced, low turrets, and light to carry around.

Dave (warbucks)
    Theoben Rapid MK1 177
    AA S410 22
    Bushnall Scout Range Finder
    Hawk 3 x 9 x 40 m.a.p scopes
    Deben mini pro lamping system

Hi

whenever ive used other MTC scopes though they are all pretty good glass I just find the SCB ret too cluttered and busy.

Jst seen Hawke do something similar on their sidewinder range called the SR Pro

Have never tried Hawke scopes one assumes they must be pretty good...

The lower end hawke stuff is great for the money,for my money the best set up for airgun hunting is a good quality 1.5-6 mag Scope I cant see the point in anything with a higher mag.