Hello all,

new to the forum, and returning to air guns as a grown up (many) years after messing around with them during a misspent childhood!
I wasn't planning on buying a rifle, but I was offered an outstanding deal on a virtually brand new BSA Lightning XL SE GRT by a mate who had apparently misunderstood his wife when she said, "Do what the hell you like....". Good little rifle, and after a couple of weeks and a tin of pellets, I'd learned to stop fighting the recoil and could consistently hit a 3/4" target at 30 metres. I had also developed a hatred of the trigger. Too heavy and too inconsistent...just too agricultural. I was having to concentrate so much on the trigger that it was affecting my shooting to the point where I wasn't enjoying myself.
A bit of hunting round the net and I discovered that the only trigger modifications available, other than a bit of polishing, were for the Gamo range. One of which was the CDT GRT-4G from Charlie Da Tuna, for the new Gamo SAT trigger. Nothing for BSAs. Then somewhere I saw mentioned that the Lightning uses the SAT trigger. So not being able to leave anything alone, I pulled apart my nice new rifle to discover that the BSA trigger is mostly Gamo SAT, apart from the safety. And seeing as the BSA safety was the only other thing about the rifle that I didn't like, a plan has been hatched.
The idea is to convert the BSA safety from the nasty wobbly lever on the right hand side of the action to something similar the Gamo version, which is a neat little lever in front of the trigger, within the trigger guard, which will then allow the use of the Charlie Da Tuna trigger.
If anyone is interested, I'll be happy to post some pics as I go along.