Thread: Fwb sport 124 mk 1-2 or 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fwb sport 124 mk 1-2 or 3

Hi everyone.I have just sold the above on behalf of a friend but it's got me wondering what mark it is,the serial is 18831 and there are no dovetails for the front sight just a slot on the top of the barrel roughly 4mm wide and running paralell with the end of the barrel about 10mm from the end.I have heard about a fwb sport with a wrap around front sight and of course the mk3 with the muzzle weight and sight built in.Is it possible to tell from the serial number which mark it is...Thanks...Lewis...

It is the Mark 1 barrel that has the wrap around front sight.
    ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Hi, ive got a 127 serial no 13334 and it has a dovetail front sight not the wrap around what mk does that make it?
    Neil

i have a 127 which i believe is a mk1 has two slots on the end of the barrel,the front sight slides onto these and is tightened by a screw.the trigger on this model is plastic.in the case of the mk2 the trigger is meta li think.from memory i think the front sight on the mk2 has inter-changeable elements which the mk1 lacks.there are more enlightened fwb enthusiasts on here than me and they will probably fill in any gaps.or correct my comments. atb.

From memory, all sub-30,000 serial FWB Sports were Mk1s. I think there was a thread a few years ago that went into this question, if anyone can dig it up?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

What I should have said earlier was that 'some' of the early Mark 1's were fitted with wrap around front sights, not all. It is thought that these wrap arounds were left over from the Model 150. All Mark 1's were fitted with plastic triggers initially, but due to breakage a lot of these were replaced with metal triggers.
    As Danny 'Garvin' states, an in depth thread about the above can be found in the archives.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ap+front+sight
    Last edited by Herpquest; 04-02-2013 at 09:12 PM.
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!