Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hw 55 mm valuation

hw 55 mm valuation

looking for valuation on hw 55 master match walnut bavarian stock with venom butt pad bluing good for age origional diopter pics on later cheers
    pics at the bottom
    Last edited by 123mcmurray81; 09-02-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    scorpion lightning walther lgu

hw

forgot to add shoots like nothing else its smooth as butter to cock and shoot recent service before i got it 177 lever latch is smooth with no play in it

Photos will help, but until then I'd say you're looking at £200-240 going by recently achieved prices. HTH

I have been looking for a good HW55MM for some time and from what I have seen (and missed) that I agree with 18 wheelers price estimate as being about the going rate and the overall condition is what determine's which end of the price scale it sits in.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

pics

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Gorgeous lovely my precious .....

You can't sell that it will haunt you for the rest of your life!

hahah

hahah glad you like it she is a nice one
    and aparently you can pick them up for 200 pound il have to keep an eye out for them

I hope you only need a valuation for insurance purposes, if you sell such a gem, may all your future barrels droop

Quote Originally Posted by 123mcmurray81 View Post
    Thats got a nice lump of wood on it as well, so it should fetch a bit more.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Looks lovely.

Blueing appears excellent from the photos.

I'd guess the stock has been refinished as the tone appears a little warmer than normal, it has the look of some Alkanet in the oil? Nicely done though and brings out the "fiddleback" in the wood.

The buttpad isn't original, but then it is a Venom item, swings and roundabouts with regard to the price IMO.

Definitely at the top end of my guesstimate IMO. I'd probably ask a bit more, £275 which leaves a little room for negotiation.

P.s. Good photos, makes a nice change.

sweet 55

ive shot this little bute it shoots as good as it looks.graig mate if you sell this bud you want 300 for it.they seem to be getting a little rare to find now.i.m.o and this is a nice example.thanks coddy. wat hw do you buy nowa days for 300 quid 99 maybe 95 .if your lucky.still say the older hw,s were best.

Lovely looking rifle
    Out of interest, I have read of these running between 105-11.2 ft llbs-how smooth are they at these power levels?
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    Lovely looking rifle
    Out of interest, I have read of these running between 105-11.2 ft llbs-how smooth are they at these power levels?
    Anybody???
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Beutiful and bloody typical Wsh I had the spare cash been after one for years good luck with sale anyways,

Hw55

Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    Lovely looking rifle

I own a very nice HW55 and I have owned another one a few years back The one I previously owned shot hobbies at 700 ft/sec which is probably about 8 ft lbs

The one I now own had had the leather washer replaced by a modern piston head by a previous owner and also had a stronger spring fitted

Power was around 7 ft lbs when I bought it

I shortened the spring because it was very harsh to shoot and was surprised that power had increased to between 8 and 9 ft lbs

It was still on the harsh side to shoot so I have now reduced the spring length again and now the rifle is very nice to shoot at about 7 ft lbs

The cylinders on the 55's are not that large compared to full power HW's and so I would think that 11 ft lbs would be very difficult to achieve unless the rifle was dieseling.

These rifles make an ideal bell target gun and 6.5-8.0 ft lbs is probably what they were designed to shoot at

John
    hold me back !!