Thread: Webley MK1 catalogue - very high price

familytales Guest

Webley MK1 catalogue - very high price

Would you Adam and Eve it?

http://cgi./ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

baxterbasics Guest
    SpeaK to Mr Webley: AKA troubledshooter (David) on here,he may well have something similar he could photocopy/scan for you
    Last edited by baxterbasics; 24-04-2005 at 08:12 PM.

Arrow

This is a COLLECTORS ITEM chaps not something you USE!!!!!!
    You should see the prices for some Leica and Zeiss photographic items-a tenner for a folded sheet of paper which was given away free at the time.
    Pay up and smile!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

This was the first air rifle sold by Webley from 1926, so the instruction/sales booklet is extremely rare.
    There are at least two different versions, one with prices on pages 8 & 10, and one without, which I believe was the export version.
    My example came from the USA at virtually the same price as the one just sold on .
    As I have one of each I was not particularly interested in bidding any higher than I did.

familytales Guest
    Yes, undoubtedly it is a rare item and worth it to a collector, but to a former (and now once again) collector like me it seems like an astronomical price - even equivalent to the current price of a boxed Senior perhaps, if you're lucky?

Years ago I had an owner's manual that came with my mint 'Patents pending' Mark 1 pistol, bought from Dennis Hiller in the days when he sent out regular lists of his guns. I sold the manual for a tenner or so, which seemed a lot in 1983 or thereabouts. Wish I'd kept it now. The gun went too to pay off student debts, sadly.

Interesting also to see a busy market for old Webley pellet tins on too. They used to be absolute gold dust in antique/boot fairs but now has created a convenient marketplace for offloading old bits and bobs, they seem to come up quite frequently.

BTW, if anyone could kindly email me some scans of a MkII Service owner's manual (familytales2004<....a_t.....>yahoo.co.uk) or any other related literature I'd be very grateful to hear from you.