Thread: HRPC Home shoot Round 1 results

HRPC Home shoot Round 1 results

I am sure that your agree that the course set out (By the evil course setters ) was tricky to say the least! But despite the weather there was loads of great fun to be had, and the scores were all fantastic with a few trying HFT for the first time things couldn’t be better

Open Class

Dave Dawes O 58
    Steve Buckley O 57
    Rob Smith O 52
    Terry Lomas O 50
    Duane Saunders O 49
    Terry Evens O 46
    John Delang O 44

.22 Class

Andy Summerfield 22 50
    Jim West 22 47
    Ross February 22 44

Recoiling

Ben Lomas R 46
    Alan Brooks R 40
    Colin Muggeridge R 36

Just to pre warn you all, the evil ones have promised to keep things interesting and are plotting a course on another part of the 50 acres.. So don’t forget to get some practice on the plinking range and we might have all the 12 lanes open very soon

With that all said a want to say a big thank you to Dave for taking the time to sort out our new home and to Ross for being so welcoming and doing all the things you have to help us along the way

Roll on two week’s time and another round of fun
    Atb Rob
    Last edited by helix; 10-02-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    "qui audet adipiscitur!"

Down and Dirty

Let the "evil ones" do their worst.

Not on my best form today and defo a course of two halfs for me. The first half fair enough then my usual rubbish second 15. If I can stop missing the "easy" shots I should be well into the 50's

As for the new home, couldn't ask for anything more., Its flippin huge, provides so many possibilities for setting a course and for the landowner to offer to clear any lanes we want and be there at 7am, in the blinking rain, to show us around and make sure we have everything we want...nough said.
    I'll second the thanks to Dave and Ross and add to them for everybody who turned up today. A bit of hard work setting up on a brand new ground but to have a thirty target course laid out in just over an hour and take it down in less than that, and all done in the rain, shows what we can do when we all work together.

Cheers Lads. Roll on the next shoot, just hope my camos dried out by then LOL.

Terry

This thread is useless without photo's-come on Dave-lets see the new ground
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Glad you liked it chaps , now you know why I wanted you to see it for yourself !

Graham I don't have a lens wide enough all I will say is that is dwarfs the old place that sadly we gave up on due to building regs and planning permission . Set in a stunning pine forest the new 50 acre site has a covered 12 lane outdoor range to 45 yards , hard standing parking for literally hundreds of cars , covered out buildings , toilets ..... we even have a cafe on site that will deliver food !

The range is also being set up for disabled use / wheelchair access where we hope to get kids out enjoying an activity they may otherwise not be able to do . The landowner is a smashing fella and we hope to invite people for an open after we have a few shoots under our belts . I can't believe the lads got a 30 shot course out from scratch in the time they did , it was a very good course too so hats off to them for that .

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Quote Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
    Glad you liked it chaps , now you know why I wanted you to see it for yourself !

Graham I don't have a lens wide enough all I will say is that is dwarfs the old place that sadly we gave up on due to building regs and planning permission . Set in a stunning pine forest the new 50 acre site has a covered 12 lane outdoor range to 45 yards , hard standing parking for literally hundreds of cars , covered out buildings , toilets ..... we even have a cafe on site that will deliver food !

The range is also being set up for disabled use / wheelchair access where we hope to get kids out enjoying an activity they may otherwise not be able to do . The landowner is a smashing fella and we hope to invite people for an open after we have a few shoots under our belts . I can't believe the lads got a 30 shot course out from scratch in the time they did , it was a very good course too so hats off to them for that .

atvb

Dave
    You wouldn't say that if young Steve had given you a beating Only joking Dave
    Excellent news-the facilities sound great-I look forward to seeing it soon Dave
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

All I can say is , what a fantastic morning we had.It was the first time the rest of us had seen the site and Dave had only seen it covered in snow.

The facilities are fantastic , huge area to use , a lot of covered area's , plinking range , toilets , massive car park and a land owner that couldn't do enough for us.We really couldn't ask for more.

The thing that really needs to be said, is a BIG thanks to Dave for being able to secure this site for HRPC,it's been really hard to find anything at all after having to give up our other site,let alone a site that gives us so many possibilities.He has also managed to ( with Steve ) keep all our interests up , and there have been a lot more of us going to opens and the Southern Hunters.
    I'm very soon going to run out of excuses of why my scores are rubbish, especially as we now have the full range of facilities to use , I suppose I'm just going to have to admit that I can't hit a thing , lol.

Again, many thanks to Dave for organising this and roll on the next and many more shoots to come.

Andy
    Last edited by Montana; 12-02-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Thumbs up New site

The last time I shot HFT with HRPC was at the old site.
    So the new site was an eye opener(think wide angled).
    It is a huge site,the target course possibilities are endless,
    the facilities are all there.
    Dave and the boys did a great job in appalling weather to set the course
    up.
    All in all despite the rain,we all had a good time and a good laugh.
    Good luck with future HFT shoots.
    atb Sidelever

PS.Was I the only one who thought they were lost following that endless track to the
    site.It went on forever.
    Diana 52 .22 short stroked
    AA S410.177+Hawke Vantage
    Think outside...no box required

Thanks

To be fair Alan I thought I had got lost too and ended up in a Scottish pine forest but in truth it's just one BIG long road ! Went back to the site yesterday and we are leaving 8 lanes on the plinking range for prone/kneeling/standing and 4 lanes for kneeling and standing only - the 4 bays have been built with the nippers in mind .

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Still a virgin!!

Well, I haven't popped my cherry so to speak with the new site, but by the reports, it sounds great.

I think the best part for our 80+ members is that they are no longer forced to travel away long distance, to experience hft. They can all try it out here in w. Sussex. It's turned into an even better club now, with the indoor and outdoor range, and the new hft site 10 mins drive away.

Big thanks to all involved behind the scenes, and especially Dave for the graft in the site.

Looking forward to the next day out.

Cheers

Good effort one and all.

I am just sorry I missed the event. Will be all the more keen to attend the next one.

See ya Thurs

S

Points up! and down ;)

Hey Simon..

You must have ready my mind.. next shoot is this Sunday mate I have a thread going now

Atb Rob
    "qui audet adipiscitur!"