Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mtc or falcon

mtc or falcon

Hi there all just wanted some advise on which scope to go for its between falcon 10x44 or the MTC 10x44both got good reviews. looked through both can't seem to make my mind up, I will be using the scope for both hunting and hft so any feed back would be welcomed very much thanks

I'd go MTC every time. Best value of the makes I've tried and customer service second to none.

Isn't the falcon a 10x42? I've not used an MTC, but my Falcon's a good scope.

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    I'd go MTC every time. Best value of the makes I've tried and customer service second to none.
    This ^
    Making waves since 1971.

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    They are both good scopes and, in my experience, both companies give good customer service although MTC do seem to go 'the extra mile' in that respect.

I've had several MTC scopes (Viper & Mamba) and several Falcon (Merlin & Menace) including the ones mentioned. I've just bought another Falcon for my .223 CF as I like the fact it has FFP (not an issue with the ones you mention) and I do prefer the build quality of the Menace series though this is just my personal preference; I still like both models.

Of the two you mention, if you're using it on an air rifle for HFT & a bit of hunting, I'd probably go with the Viper as the SCB reticle is one of the best for that application, imo. That said, if you do significantly more hunting than HFT I'd be more inclined to go with variable mag scope like the 3-12x44 Viper/Mamba as they obviously offer more flexibility.

Anyway, folk can say buy this or that all day but really only you can decide which you prefer and suits your eye best. That, above all other things, should be what decides it.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Harry is offline World Recoiling Champion 2014
    MTC are very very good and i have both but i love my falcon 10x42 to pieces.

MTC customer service is 2nd to none and they are very helpfull in everyway, Never needed to deal with falcon up to now so cant say.

Good luck in your choice mate and which ever way you go you wont go wrong.

Atb Harry.

Thanks all all the advise is much appreciated. I did try and buy a falcon from airgun buyer and no luck there said non available till the end of this year so a bought a MTC viper 10x44.fairplay it looks and feels nice only to try it Sunday now once again thanks for all the feedback. I llpost my review Sunday

I've not had a Falcon so can't comment on that all i can say is the MTC Viper I had was pants,the optics were milky over 20 x mag, the Nikko target master and Hawke side winder knocked the sox of it.

mtc or falcon

hi i have four mtc two of them on rim,fire fink pj's must of had a bad one.mtc all the way for me

I have had a few Vipers in the past which have been on my .223 down to my R7. The optics are fantastic but they do suffer problems from my experience of them, too many for me to chance another I don't rate the finish durability of the Vipers/Mambers either. But saying that some people have had good service from their scope and i would like a Genesis to try. If you get a good one they are fantastic but IF
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

The bushnell 10x40 3200 elite might be worth a look as well.

Mr Magoo is offline Should Have Gone to SecsPavers
    Another vote for the MTC from me.

Very Good Value and Excellent Customer Service.

ATB

Bushnell or Falcon for me. If you want to hunt, any fixed 10X mag has a fairly narrow FOV. Why not try a 3-12 X 44 or similar as a general purpose scope?

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

I've not tried Falcon but I love the Ret on MTC scopes. Good luck with your choice

I have a MTC Viper 3-12x44 on my Tx200. Love the scb reticle on this scope