Thread: Air Arms S400 Classic

Air Arms S400 Classic

Got this as my first ever PCP. Quality of finish is superb as with all air arms guns. Stock is really nice with quality engraving / chequering. Charged to 190 bar I get a good 100+ shots but I find the first ten after charging can be a little erratic then it settles down and is really easy to shoot accurately. Excellent value for money as a first PCP and i expect it to last a good while.

I know that this is a popular choice with HFT and I can see why.

Good choice mate. Had a 400 classic in .22 years ago and sold it to fund my first sec 1 rifle. Only thing i found off putting was if shooting off a bag
    you could see the pellet in flight. Theres no recoil to disturb the view through the scope so i thought it must be down on power but nope just me
    being used to springers. Deadly accurate, lovely wood and plenty of shots per fill. Bit of a bind filling with a pump though. Tim

try not filling near recommended pressure this my stop erratic pellets

S400 classic

I agree with elmerfud, as I have an S4oo classic .177 and find that the sweet spot for my gun is between 145 bar and 120 bar where I get 44 really consistent shots, there is no point in filling your gun up to 190 bar, as it will be down on power, and the next 20-30 shots will be increasing in velocity until they hit your guns sweet spot, as the S4oo is not regulated. You need to fill up with air and fire say 100 shots over the chrono, and record results so that you know roughly where you are getting your most consistent shots. Hope this helps, Mark

My S400 is sweet from 160 bar to 110... All rifles are different so worth checking.

Great little rifle so consistent.
    Cheers EDBOC

Buxted HFT