Thread: SFS Imp.22 cal

SFS Imp.22 cal

This is a short review of my new SFS Imp.22 cal , my Sandwell Field Sports Imp is based on the HW99
    and customised by SFS,, it has the barrel shorter than standard with a SFS selected spring fitted
    and other internal work done as well, i have fitted a mtc mamba lite scope which suits extremely well,
    i use AA field .22 pellets, the gun is easy to cock, the trigger was set a bit light for me so i reset it to my
    liking, soon had it zeroed, this gun is a delight to shoot it has very little recoil, and puts pellet on pellet
    at 40 yds, overall i am very happy with this guns and SFS have done a great job, Thank you Guys.
    atb Brian
    Last edited by brian747; 12-07-2014 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brian747 View Post
    This is a short review of my new SFS Imp.22 cal , my Sandwell Field Sports Imp is based on the HW99
    and customised by SFS,, it has the barrel shorter than standard with a SFS selected spring fitted
    and other internal work done as well, i have fitted a mtc mamba lite scope which suits extremely well,
    i use AA field .222 pellets, the gun is easy to cock, the trigger was set a bit light for me so i reset it to my
    liking, soon had it zeroed, this gun is a delight to shoot it has very little recoil, and puts pellet on pellet
    at 40 yds, overall i am very happy with this guns and SFS have done a great job, Thank you Guys.
    atb Brian
    Sound good Brian
    I'm going to take a trip up to sfs at some point very interested in the chieftain

there is an imp for sale on facebook at the mo £300 in Cirencester if anybody is interested
    WHEN AN OLD MAN DIES A LIBRARY BURNS DOWN

Which Facebook group?

Nice little write-up, Brian.
    Hope you're keeping well.

Currently own two 99s. One bought used from a forum member last year. Totally standard, still very accurate and much less lively than you'd expect for a full-power lightweight springer.
    Stripped, de-burred, polished, fitted WonkyDonky spring, guide, top hat and piston sleeve and it's utterly lovely.

Got a new .177 the other day....lovely, too. Some resonance through the forend, but it's still early days, only had 8-10 shots through it as I was running out of time. Will fettle soon and plan to use it for some HFT work. But it's still very mild-mannered to shoot.

Everything I've seen re the SFS Imps has been good. That's a lovely rifle you have there....enjoy!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks Tony, yes keeping well thank you, i have also taken del of my LGU .177
    i am well impressed by it. it is as accurate as my TX200 , infact i really cannot make up my mind
    which is the better gun!!! what the hell i will enjoy shooting all of them!!!!!!
    atb brian

sorry its Gloucester airgun group
    WHEN AN OLD MAN DIES A LIBRARY BURNS DOWN

Nice review, have 2 SFS myself A Banshee 2 in .177 and GINB stock and a Vulcan mark 2 in .22 in a Gary Cane tiger stripe maple stock. Love them both dearly.

Like the look of them have 2 SFS rifles allready a Banshee in .177 and a mark 2 Vulcan in a Gary Cane Tiger Stripe Maple stock in .22, both very good rifles.