Hi Hangtight. Nice review.... I purchased a XL GRT at the shooting show a couple of weeks ago on a whim. The price was right at the time (£280-brand new) and it looked spot on for what i wanted it for (rabbits and pigeons in the horse fields we have). You are spot on with your comments about the trigger. The first stage is not too bad after some adjustment with the screw, but there is more travel on the second stage than a national express coach!! Ita also feels like the plastic trigger blade is bending under the tension before it's release, although this might just be me after the long wait for it to let go. The build quality is not too bad, and the stock is nice for a chunk of beech. As for accuracy, ive only managed to get about 700 pellets through it so far, and its grouping to about 10mm at 30 yards with the odd flyer. On the odd occassion it does seem to drop a shot or two by about an inch or so, which points towards the power delivery fluctuating now and again, but this is'nt a regular thing i hope. I intend to stick with it for now and feed some more lead down the barrel to see what happens. I'm not going to use it out in the field yet, until i'm sure it's spot on and not chucking pellets all over. Does any one supply an aftermarket trigger for the GRT to sweeten things up a little? Failing that, it's back to Beesa for them to sort.
I'm not disapointed with my purchase, as i knew it was'nt going to be a HW or AA and i got what i paid for. I love the size/weight/looks of it, and If a HW silencer is fitted to the already fitted barrel shroud, it does increase the length but silence's it wickedly! It's just a pitty it is'nt bang on out of the box.
Keep us posted on what BSA say and do for you, as i'm interested in case i need to send mine in.....

Cheers.
Andy.