Thread: Webley Vulcan info

Webley Vulcan info

I hope somebody can help I have a Vulcan serial no768506 with the gold plated trigger & safety slide + an oiled stock. I would like to know the age a & Mk 1,2,3
    thanks for looking. BARRY

Hello, without pics can't tell for sure, but if its got white spacers at the pistol grip and butt rubber then its probably a Mk2 from the early 1980's, with it having a brass trigger, if it has got chequering to the stock then it could be a deluxe version.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Here is a bit of info on the various Webley Vulcan models for you which may help. Many minor mechanical differences separate the various Vulcan variants, but these were basically variations on the same theme. The more noticeable cosmetic differences however are as follows, inc. info on the Xocet and Stingray (Brum built ones that is), which were basically continuations on the Vulcan theme ...

Vulcan MkI: thinner barrel and slimmer stock than later models.

Vulcan MkII: fatter lacquered stock with pistol grip cup with white spacer, and a white butt pad spacer, too. The MkII also had/has a thicker 16mm barrel, and different front sights.

Vulcan MkIII: early MkIIIs sported same style stocks as described for the MkII, but later ones had plain pistol grip ends and no white spacers. These had the same style sights and barrel as the MkII, although later carbine K versions had threaded muzzle-breaks fitted which incorporated the front sight.

Xocet: a no thrills variant of the Vulcan (no safety and very plain stocks) with re-jigged breech so no gap apparent from above when rear sight removed.

Stingray: mechanically the same as the Vulcan but with finger grip flutes running length of stock, re-jigged breech so no gap apparent from above when rear sight removed, and a threaded muzzle break as standard incorporating front sight.

The first Vulcans hit the market in 1979. All Vulcans were available in .177 and in .22. With the exception of the Xocet, all of the above have also been available as Walnut Deluxe Specials, and all except the MkI have been available as carbines . At one stage I had eight examples of Vulcan in my collection, but now only have one.

Webley & Scott air rifles using the model names of Xocet and Stingray were also made and marketed after the original British Brum based manufacturing company of Webley & Scott closed in 2006. They were sold by the outfit that bought the Webley and Scott name. These later examples were made in Turkey and/or Eastern Europe, and imo leave a lot to be desired . Hope this helps: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

hi mate i would say its a mk 1 special edition i have one too nice little gun

Webley Vulcan

I agree with Claude. Sounds like a Vulcan MK1 SE dates around 1981/1982! Regards Mach 1.5

Webley Vulcan

Many thanks for all the info lads. Webley & Scott did'nt even bother with a reply
    Thanks again BARRY

Quote Originally Posted by rapidman View Post
    Many thanks for all the info lads. Webley & Scott did'nt even bother with a reply
    Thanks again BARRY
    Likely they wouldn't have a scooby doo -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34