Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crosman Premiers

jme74 Guest

Crosman Premiers

Hiya folks

I currently use H & N FT pellets in my MFR but thinking of giving Crosman Premiers a go, as recommended on the Theoben website.

Are they worth the extra cost or should I stick to H & N?

I did have another question, but can hear the wife "nagging" in the background so had better leave it at that!

Jimbo

I always liked them - thought they were a well made pellet. Bit on the pricey side particularly if your .22 calibre. Mine were always quite mucky but flew well. The flat base to the rear end made them easy to follow especially if your lamping as they have a large flat base rather than a cone and the light reflets off its ar5e.

Buy a box and see what you think. Unless your gun takes a dislike to them as some barrels may do, you wont be wasting money.

good shooting

CalorGaz Guest
    I use them in both .177 and .22, obviously not in the same rifle and I've never had a problem with them. They do cost a bit more, but I dont shoot at targets or tin chickens so I dont mind paying that bit extra to know that when Mr Rabbit shows his head the pellet won't let me down with a flyer.

CG

Jimbo
    If you PM me your address, i will send you some. I dont think that they are ''all that'' anymore.

Pete.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

I think JSBs are better and considerably cheaper

Baz

Arrow

What calibre? I thought the only calibre where the Crosman Premier pellets offered any advantage was in .20.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Acerbus Guest
    Hello,

when I bought my HW 77 the German crossman agent gave up his business and I could buy C. premier-pellets in .22 for very small money . I found they where high accurate and my riffle likes them more than any other pellet. ( I'm very happy that I got 20.000 of them )

Later I bought my HW 97 and there where no C.premiers in .177 to buy in Germany so I started with JSB. Afterwards I got some from the Netherlands, only to find out that that the HW 97 does not like them at all .

I've also tested them with the HW 100. They are good but JSB 4,53 are much better .

Jochen

Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy the .177 7.9 grain pellets?

Also does anybody have any die 2 7.9 grain pellets circa 1996 laying around that they don't need, as these were supposedly the best to buy . Was worth a try.

Regards,

Matt

Matt I have 1 box left of those sorry the gc2 would kill me if I sold them
    They were rather good in them days shot a 1/4" group @ 55yd
    Gary
    ISP Airstream mk3 March F 2.5/25mml. Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 leupold 20/50 Steyr 2014 hft March x 5/50 MTR3 ISP Airstream MK3 March x 8-80 silver, fx impact m3 element helix Ripley AR4 blue Burris 8/32 Steyr 2014 hot all .177

I think you will be very lucky to find prems No.2 die from 1996 and even then thats very old for a base metal product.

I would try a fresh batch or even something like JSB exacts, AA... just read the threads and you will get an idea what the current favourites are. However, individual barrels can be be very different in the metal they will spit so it is really trial and error.

Good shooting whatever you choose

mr steyr they are still in perfect condition 6th sept 1996 must have been a good day at the factory
    I have had batches from die 5 they were oxodised on opening the box
    Gary
    ISP Airstream mk3 March F 2.5/25mml. Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 leupold 20/50 Steyr 2014 hft March x 5/50 MTR3 ISP Airstream MK3 March x 8-80 silver, fx impact m3 element helix Ripley AR4 blue Burris 8/32 Steyr 2014 hot all .177

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I've never found any .177 rifle I've owned liked Prems or Accys, in my eyes there a waste of money and I find that basicaly Air Arms pellets shoot the best in any rifle I've had.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

didn't know air arms pellets were out in 96

Theoben barrels tend to like premiers, or they did. A case of buy and try.One more box of die 2 left
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

DJP Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands
    I've never found any .177 rifle I've owned liked Prems or Accys, in my eyes there a waste of money and I find that basicaly Air Arms pellets shoot the best in any rifle I've had.

Pete
    Pretty much agree - the only gun I've ever had that liked 'em was my TX200HC, but I never found a pellet that gun didn't like.