Thread: alpha proj rifle

alpha proj rifle

has anyone ever come across the alpha proj co2 target rifle? i know they were making it about 5 years ago
    but i've never come across one new or second hand. i found an enthusiastic review of it in america but everyone
    i ask about it shakes their heads. alpha proj no longer list it on their website so i assume they stopped making it.

I know the one you mean, similar design as the Proj sport pistol but in rifle form , One of my club members uses one and gets good results with it, not seen them in the shops though, Air Arms make the ProJ pistol now but not sure if they took up the rifle as well being that they already market the s200 & s400 target options. Nice lightweight rifle if you can get one.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Is this the one scroll 1/2way down the page http://www.topgun-airguns.com/rifles-fromCZ.html

Quote Originally Posted by j_potter View Post
    has anyone ever come across the alpha proj co2 target rifle? i know they were making it about 5 years ago
    but i've never come across one new or second hand. i found an enthusiastic review of it in america but everyone
    i ask about it shakes their heads. alpha proj no longer list it on their website so i assume they stopped making it.

alpha proj

yes, that's the one although the picture i saw before had a black shroud. this link gives very clear
    pictures and you can see that it's basically the pistol receiver. many thanks for this link.

I seem to be 1 of the few to own one of these. We have an importer in Holland now, but back than I bought it in czech iirc. It now has a blue shroud, mine still has the black.
    I really like it. Some things about it:
    - its very well balanced for such small, light rifle (it actually is a prolonged pistol). I further rebalanced mine with wheel lead.
    - its VERY accurate at the 10m. Didnt expect it from a prolonged pistol
    - the rear sight is rubbish, it actually is a rear sight with hole. The hole is waaaaaaaaaay too large
    Adjustment of the sight over the sightrail is limited, and replacing the insert with a smaller hole doesnt help. The sight just is too close to the eye cause of the short design (ex pistol) of the action. I now have a shortened anschutz sight fitted.
    - sightrail is a weird size, 8mm or 7mm something. I'm gonna have someone make me a 11mm rail so all sights fit.
    - approx 40 GOOD shots per bulb cause its a rifle.
    - very tiny bolt

If you solve the sight issue, its an awesome 10m eater imo, allthough never a full blown matchgun, as its simply too light at 2.8kg. But mine's a keeper, not gonna sell this 1!

If you need more info, just PM
    ATB,
    yana

many thanks for this info yana. as ever you're a fount of knowledge on match co2!

I think you will find they are still available from stock from the UK importers Edgar Brothers in Stockport as I have seen one from them very recently.

They are trade suppliers so I doubt they can post it to you (unless you are an RFD), but will probably supply one to your closest RFD if you want to buy a new one.

Hope this helps - Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Yes they're still made indeed.
    But with light blue shrouds I believe.
    You can buy them for E450-600 (euro's)
    ATB,
    yana