Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just to say hello

Finglesham-Phil Guest

Smile Just to say hello

Thie is my first post, and would like to to say hello, my name is Phil and live in the county of kent, and I must say you all seem a great bunch of people, great forum....thanks to Roblade for letting me know about it.

I am just getting back into shooting after a 8 year break. I am currently looking round for an rifle and I am alittle stuck between two . perhaps someone could give there thoughts/advise, this would be really helpful.

The choice is between new FX2000 .177 with Simpson Scope ( multi range etc) or verminator .22 which is S/H only 6 months old also with a simpson scope ( milldot) and lazer.

I am looking at HFT mainly but possible alittle pest control later

It will be great to chat with you all

Regards

Finglesham-Phil

WOODFORD-GREEN ESSEX (WHAT YOU LOOKING UP HERE FOR
    welcome phil.
    KEV

kerrwaf Guest

Talking

welcome to the forum. Personally i would go for the verminator, the only prob is that theres lots of gold shiny parts on it which maybe a disadvantage when ur hunting

Gary C Guest
    While I bow to Kerwaf knowledge I would go for the FX in .177.

HFT is easier with .177 and as you mentioned it's the primary goal it's the primary choice. You will find it a little more forgiving on range estimation when you hunt as well

Mortimer Guest
    Can't offer any advice I'm afraid, but welcome to the forum anyway.

Welcome to the BBS

You live just down the road to me, why not come to Dover Deal and District AGC and try a few of the guns being used

I FX is a much better gun than the Verminator in my opinion and 177 seems much more popular in HFT, that said we have a couple of 22 shooters that outshoot most of the mega expensive 177 guns in our comps

Baz

Finglesham-Phil Guest

Smile

Thanks, Baz I will hopefully be attending the D&DDAGC on Thursday , I had a very quick look at the site yesterday on the way to Greenfields, I just drove past. Whats the club like? and what type the shooting and variety available?

Phil

welcome m8 have fun.

Welcome.
    Come on in, put yer feet up and have a tipple of choice.
    Oh, and type a bit too!

Rod
    "Every silver lining has a cloud!"

HW77K, Rapid 7 MKI . HW97Colt GC, S&W 686 (CO2) HW75 . HW100K FSB

Quote Originally Posted by Finglesham-Phil
    Thanks, Baz I will hopefully be attending the D&DDAGC on Thursday , I had a very quick look at the site yesterday on the way to Greenfields, I just drove past. Whats the club like? and what type the shooting and variety available?

Phil
    I will be there (along with several others) we are a friendly bunch, there are shooting huts with benches so you can shoot benchrest style if you want and under cover, or use them for zeroing and shoot from firing points in any style you fancy

Plenty of tin chickens available, plus paper targets or plinking, its up to you

Main rule is of course about safety, (and legal limit) we enjoy shooting airguns without all the commitee crap you tend to get at some other clubs

Ask fro Rob, hes the boss and the coffee maker

Baz

michaeladkins Guest
    Hello Phil - Welcome

Michael

Whats a "Verminator?"

redcatfishjack Guest
    Me-I hate rats!

And welcome Phil

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Thumbs up

I would go with the FX2000,old mate of mines old man has one and it a loverly rifle.As others have said being a .177 it will be better than a .22 for HFT and as a hunting rifle i reckon they take some beating myself.Oh and welcome to the BBS.
    Last edited by R. P. McMurphy; 20-04-2005 at 02:28 PM.

danny73 Guest

im new to

Welcome to the forum i have only been using the forum for a couple of weeks and i have have found it a wealth of info and advice just ask and someone will help or let u know who can.
    Good group of guys (maybe the odd girl)

welcome and hi
    dont know but heard on grapevine fx2000 is better
    Don't Knock it 'till you've tried it!!!
    Daystate markiv IS with night eater 6-24x50