Thread: HRPC Round 2 Results

HRPC Round 2 Results

Firstly I want to say thank you all for a great mornings shooting, and it I have to say that it was great to see everyone pulling together to get a superb course set out. After a few of us had walked down the shooting line (Which went on forever) checking the course it was soon apparent that it was going to be a tough one. For me after shooting it, I think it was and has been the most demanding course I have shot so far, I heard this repeated by few others as well. SO a big well done to you all

Open Class

Dave Dawes O 54
    Steve Buckley O 53
    Rob Smith O 52
    Brian Beggan O 51
    Terry Lomas O 50
    Duane Saunders O DNF
    Terry Evens O DNF

.22 Class

Andy Summerfield 22 45
    Jim West 22 41
    Ross February 22 33

Recoiling

Simon Humphreys R 51
    Colin Muggeridge R 39
    Ben Lomas R DNF
    The scores will give you an idea on the tough course today

I cant wait for the next one

Atb Rob
    Last edited by helix; 24-02-2013 at 06:46 PM.
    "qui audet adipiscitur!"

Absolutely brilliant day, and an epic course! Wouldnt believe we could have set out such a huge course, without even using any of the space from the last shoot. Don't think there is any chance of running out of options! Challenging but brilliant course. Cheers for everyone's help!

Jim

Well shot everyone especially Simon with his springer !

I know we have a lot of woodland but we don't have to necessarily use it all , I'm knackered setting that lot out and I hope you lot are too . lol

I wasn't expecting it it be as nice as the the other course but it was a corker - you could easily get two national courses along side each other in there but it's nice to be able to change it every time . Well done everyone as I know it was a lot of work , it was well worth it though ... that was one of the toughest courses I have ever shot but I have no idea why ?

cheers

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Thanks Dave, Rob et all for organising firstly a brilliant location and secondly a top shoot. I really enjoyed the morning at see endless possibilities for those to come. To get a PB with my Prosport was an added bonus.

Brian and I went back to the targets we missed and I gave up with one of the standers. 10 shots and no closer. Another teaser at about 18 yards I got consistently wrong and still dont quite understand why it had to be treated as 11 yards by my set up to get the kill.

The slope plays tricks on the eyes!

Anyway, all good fun and I look forward to the next one :-)

S

Well what else can be said? Apart from what a a cracking shoot!

I always thought I had shot some tough courses at Buxted and other clubs but I have to say they had nothing on the course that we managed to set on Sunday! It was a demon of a course with some strange things happening with wind and the way the land is laid out.

I don't think you can take anything bad away from shooting a course like that!
    I'm sure we all learnt a few things out there?

Looking forward to the next one already!

Atb

Steve
    HW100 T, Remington 700 .243
    CZ452 Silhouette .22lr, CZ452 .17HMR
    Beretta 686 White Onyx

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester

ooooer!

Very intriguing ....... already on the bucket list.
    Well done men.

What a great shoot

Well I can only add to the comments above, great shoot. Great fun, great scores.

Pitty work is getting busier, I can't wait to get out again.

As Simon said we went back after to shoot the ones we missed, really difficult but enjoyable course.

Well done to all involved in securing such a great bit of land, and getting the targets etc all top notch.

Things are looking up for hrpc, great facilities now, spoilt for choice.

Cheers

Bryan

Just spoken to the land owner and he said we could use BOTH woods 15 targets each side ( with a gap in the middle ) and the 12 lane covered range for an open ! Hope to be offering an invite only shoot soon to iron out any problems using everything detailed above .

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
    Just spoken to the land owner and he said we could use BOTH woods 15 targets each side ( with a gap in the middle ) and the 12 lane covered range for an open ! Hope to be offering an invite only shoot soon to iron out any problems using everything detailed above .

atvb

Dave
    Remember when handing out the invites, I've always thought very highly of you Dave.
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    Remember when handing out the invites, I've always thought very highly of you Dave.
    Charles it's not worth degrading yourself mate .

atvb

Dave

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    I've degraded myself for a lot less Dave.
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité