A trigger upgrade and v mach kit may cost the same as the rifle, I've spent more on all of my Webleys than the basic rifle cost, as the improvement is worthwhile -

The pin in the barrels do not generally cause problems, if you carefully cock 'on axis' i.e. do not cock 'crescent' like, pushing against breach jaws

If you do find a rifle with a problem breach (the barrels on these do not require the same torsion as on hw/diana), the solution is really to fit shims, after possibly a bit of 'vice' treatment.

The barrel stop pins do come loose on around 20 percent of Webleys, and need re fixing. V Mach are the experts here, from their days of being linked to Webley. This is the most common fault.

My experience is that well fettled Webley's in 22 with uk barrels, will shoot as well as pretty much anything else, usually with super domes or other RWS pellets, or FTT. Some like AA too. I think if you have a longbow or Tomy, in 177, you'll want the Walther barrels -

I like the short pointability, light weight, and nice trigger reach on Vulcans / Exocets etc, and the junior versions Excel/ Victor etc (with a 13 1/4 inch reach). Ideal for shooting springer from vehicle too those 'short' rifles -

When I have given various air guns to a novice shooter, I've found a 22 webley has been very 'easy' for them to shoot well with, quickly too -though the basic triggers in the older rifles need replacing for the last version, available from Chambers, which makes them very pleasant indeed -

Hope this helps -