Thread: Tuning options for Webley Vulcan.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Personaly i wouldnt bother till i got the barrel alighnment sorted out first,the issue sloppy loose .

Quote Originally Posted by sharpsman View Post
    Personaly i wouldnt bother till i got the barrel alighnment sorted out first,the issue sloppy loose .
    They only get loose through wear and I don't think it necessarily happens to all of them.

However, the barrel should be checked for slop at the breech pivot as you say.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    They only get loose through wear and I don't think it necessarily happens to all of them.

However, the barrel should be checked for slop at the breech pivot as you say.
    Every one ive ever seen has had a loose barrel to the jaws they are'nt called wobbley webley's for nothing.

Every one ive ever seen has had a loose barrel to the jaws they are'nt called wobbley webley's for nothing.
    The barrel on mine is still nice and tight I have owned it from new and I would estimate it has fired approx 3000 shots I did put a new pin in the barrel pivot last time I stripped it. The holes for the pin are still round and the pin still has to be tapped in.

A trigger upgrade and v mach kit may cost the same as the rifle, I've spent more on all of my Webleys than the basic rifle cost, as the improvement is worthwhile -

The pin in the barrels do not generally cause problems, if you carefully cock 'on axis' i.e. do not cock 'crescent' like, pushing against breach jaws

If you do find a rifle with a problem breach (the barrels on these do not require the same torsion as on hw/diana), the solution is really to fit shims, after possibly a bit of 'vice' treatment.

The barrel stop pins do come loose on around 20 percent of Webleys, and need re fixing. V Mach are the experts here, from their days of being linked to Webley. This is the most common fault.

My experience is that well fettled Webley's in 22 with uk barrels, will shoot as well as pretty much anything else, usually with super domes or other RWS pellets, or FTT. Some like AA too. I think if you have a longbow or Tomy, in 177, you'll want the Walther barrels -

I like the short pointability, light weight, and nice trigger reach on Vulcans / Exocets etc, and the junior versions Excel/ Victor etc (with a 13 1/4 inch reach). Ideal for shooting springer from vehicle too those 'short' rifles -

When I have given various air guns to a novice shooter, I've found a 22 webley has been very 'easy' for them to shoot well with, quickly too -though the basic triggers in the older rifles need replacing for the last version, available from Chambers, which makes them very pleasant indeed -

Hope this helps -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    www.air-rifle-tuning.com

plus a nice new trigger upgrade from

www.chambersgunmakers.co.uk

that should sort you right out - !
    Mine's not loose - maybe I've just been lucky. I don't think it had a great deal of use before I bought it mind.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.