Thread: Diopter adjustment available?

Diopter adjustment available?

I have used a diopter sight on a rimfire out to 100 yards...you are looking at a drop of around 6 ins max with a .22lr.....I am wondering how much adjustment would be available since I will be putting my Walther diopter onto a Swiss K31 and shooting out to 200 yards.....I appreciate that the ballistics of the cartridge will affect the adjustment required but I wonder if anyone has experience of using the diopter, say on a rimfire, out to 200 yards...does the adjustment have sufficient travel?

Mike95

You will need a raising block on the rear sight for 200yds.

Diopter

Thanks for that info Norm.

Mike95

Out of interest how are you mounting the Walther sight onto the K31?

Norm is right that most .22LR rifles need a spacer block under the rearsight to get enough elevation adjustment for 200 yards. Fitting the same rearsight onto a fullbore may be completely different, as the height of the foresight to bore affects the elevation, not to mention the 7.5mm ammunition shoots a tad flatter.

Mounting diopter onto K31

A two piece custom made set up from a German seller on e-gun. Takes a standard 11mm flat base diopter and tunnel. The rear part looks as if it would also take a mini scope.... Considerably cheaper than the Swiss original diopter, or the Swiss Products item...providing you already have a diopter set.

Mike95

I did wonder, as I'd never seen a K31 with an 11mm dovetailed receiver.

Hope it worked well.