Thread: A big thank you!

A big thank you!

I would like to thank all the guys at Rossendale Model Target Club for allowing me to try out so many pistols last night. It was my first visit and I was made very welcome. After some tuition and the all important safety rules from Bob-Thanks Bob-I will be sure to attend again. A special thank you to John Gould for the transport.

Kind Regards,
    Glen.

As a proud fellow member of R.M.T.C. you are very welcome. Bob is a true gentleman in the sport just dont let him see your wallet.
    Did you take turns in riding Johns horse - Black Bess?

ATB
    Ian (the quiet one in the corner.)
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Bob is a true gentleman in the sport just dont let him see your wallet.
    ATB
    Ian (the quiet one in the corner.)
    The invoice for tuition is already in the post......

Who are you trying to fool?

They are, on the whole, both gentlemen and a credit to their club ( just don't mention Rivington and the M.P.L.)

ATB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Ian,

Do you really need to ask that question?
    I have actually seen the inside of Bob's wallet a couple of years ago.

Mike,

Will the receipt include VAT?
    I will have to learn to keep my gob shut when it comes to matters like that.

On another note. It's the bosses birthday tomorrow. Dare I turn up at the club?

Kind Regards,
    Glen.

Quote Originally Posted by gettingonabit View Post

On another note. It's the bosses birthday tomorrow. Dare I turn up at the club?

Kind Regards,
    Glen.
    See you tomorrow then!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Indeed you will.

Kind Regards,
    Glen.

I have now attended three evenings and the guys are really helpful. I have shot a good variety of pistols. I have learned much from my visits and I'm sure this will continue. The Classic Carbon League went really well last night with some excellent German engineering being used.

I'm still unsure of what to spend my cash on. Still very much in the learning stage at the moment. Saying that,I know what I won't be buying. It seems the pistols I like I can't find used. One pistol I have not tried yet is the Baikal IZH 46M. So if anyone knows if I could try one of these at the club I would be grateful.

Could I take this opportunity to thank all the club members at Rossendale Model Target Club for all the help I've received.

Kind Regards,
    Glen.

One of the club members from -'that ther club over t ill' has a Baikel IZH 46M or the love child of an Industrial Stapler as its better known. This BBS member, a Man City hater (please would the MPL official scorer remember this ) rarely visits his town of birth.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    One of the club members from -'that ther club over t ill' has a Baikel IZH 46M or the love child of an Industrial Stapler as its better known.
    ATB
    Ian
    The Stapler in question is currently suffering a slight O ring injury and is being treated with extreme care. The owner is awaiting spares from the new world as we speak.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Thanks Mike.

In the meantime I have bought myself a used Alfa Proj,not the Air Arms version,the original design. A certain member of RMTC who shall remain unnamed had some very nice groupings with it last night. I did get an e-mail off to Alfa this afternoon for a manual. The mail was answered within 30 minutes with a manual for the earlier design pistol. I was glad to hear that some spares are still available for it. Now that is good service.

I would still like to shoot the IZH 46M just to see how it handles in the hands of a shaky shooter.

Kind Regards,
    Glen.

Quote Originally Posted by gettingonabit View Post
    Thanks Mike.

In the meantime I have bought myself a used Alfa Proj,not the Air Arms version,the original design. A certain member of RMTC who shall remain unnamed had some very nice groupings with it last night. I did get an e-mail off to Alfa this afternoon for a manual. The mail was answered within 30 minutes with a manual for the earlier design pistol. I was glad to hear that some spares are still available for it. Now that is good service.

I would still like to shoot the IZH 46M just to see how it handles in the hands of a shaky shooter.

Kind Regards,
    Glen.
    There are quite a few of us "shakey shooters" who have had a go with this IZH 46M pistol and can tell you it is lovely to shoot and is lot better than the shooter!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.