Thread: Milbro / Diana production records.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Milbro Diana's never seem to have been as highly regarded as BSA's and Webley's even at the time. I suppose BSA and Webley's were not just better made but also had the cachet of names associated with the exciting subjects of motorbikes, warfare and firearms. Milbro Diana's went out of production at a time when there was not as much interest in old airguns as there is now. In the 1980's, there were classic airguns stacked up in the corner of our local junk-shop; guns like that would be snapped up in 2013. Without the networks of collectors linked by the internet, there was probably less interest in the Milbro Diana company's demise and few people who would or could have tried to secure the production records. If an airgun factory closed down now, I suspect there would be a very quick response by collectors seeking to get hold of the production records [Does anyone know what will happen to the Theoben records?]. The illustrious history of BSA and Webley has ensured that all the products of those two companies have been studied and those two companies have survived (albeit in limited form) into the age of the internet. It is a shame that the Milbro Diana range went out of production but I suppose it is accurate to say that they were regarded a British Leyland level of workaday product rather than an aspirational Jaguar or Morgan.
    Last edited by Powderfinger; 03-03-2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: addition