View Poll Results: Venom Vs V-mach-your preference?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old School Venom

16 61.54%
  • V-mach

10 38.46%

Thread: Old School Venom lazaglide Vs Modern V-mach Weihrauchs...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Must say that I prefer the "feel and flow" of a more traditionally tuned rifle, - cocking ease, gentle recoil, and being able to watch the pellet every moment of its flight time.

I feel I shoot them better, I feel more in control; but when ever I run a tape measure over group sizes the faster snappier locktimes of modern glided rifles they better my others, so I can never dispute they do the job better, nor that the cocking action is anything other than silent and creamy.

I have to conceed they "do more of the work than I do", but I agree they feel more Theoben than they used to.

This is a great observation-exactly how I feel about the older style Vs modern V-mach. I have had a brief comparison today-changing triggers/stock etc, both shoot well, the V-mach 97k being slightly "harsher" than the Lazaglided 77k.
    After swapping bits between the rifles, they both need properly zeroing in-both scopes are plumbed and set for correct eye-relief, need tweaking tommorrow am then try and set the zero's properly.
    The one thing I am finding hardest is shooting a spring rifle prone-kneeling fine, prone-well, its a work in progress
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    This is a great observation-exactly how I feel about the older style Vs modern V-mach. I have had a brief comparison today-changing triggers/stock etc, both shoot well, the V-mach 97k being slightly "harsher" than the Lazaglided 77k.
    After swapping bits between the rifles, they both need properly zeroing in-both scopes are plumbed and set for correct eye-relief, need tweaking tommorrow am then try and set the zero's properly.
    The one thing I am finding hardest is shooting a spring rifle prone-kneeling fine, prone-well, its a work in progress
    You'd better give up mate and send me one of the 77's

Just couple of points ...

My comments were in no way negative towards what Bigtoe does. I love reading his stuff and admire what he does. I'd love him to do one of my guns but I wasn't aware that he 'offers his services' ... I just thought he works on what he fancies?

The old V new Venom/ V-Mach ... I don't think that this is a Ivan/Dave V Steve ... I think materials have changed over the years and if Ivan and Dave were still doing Venom, they may well be doing things exactly like Steve is doing.

I went to Venom once and had the pleasure of watching them tune me a 77. Probably not the full Monty ... rather a quick 45 minute job ... but interesting all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
    Just couple of points ...

My comments were in no way negative towards what Bigtoe does. I love reading his stuff and admire what he does. I'd love him to do one of my guns but I wasn't aware that he 'offers his services' ... I just thought he works on what he fancies?

I do, usually for content on the blog...