View Poll Results: Venom Vs V-mach-your preference?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old School Venom

16 61.54%
  • V-mach

10 38.46%

Thread: Old School Venom lazaglide Vs Modern V-mach Weihrauchs...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Old School Venom lazaglide Vs Modern V-mach Weihrauchs...

...not wanting to open a can of worms here, BUT-are the newer rifles on a par with the rifles built by Ken Turner, Ivan Hancock And Dave Pope? Steve Pope is certainly acknowledged as the finest tuner currently operating-is he as good as the original team> What thinks the BBS springer obsessed collective?

The reason for this thread? Well, I have been on a mission for the past few months, to locate the springer, which in the words of my Friend Dan Horrocks, is "The One"!
    I have sold all but one of my pre-charges rifles and used the funds to search the lenght and breadth (quite literally) of this fine land to search out rare Weihrauchs
    I now intend to carry out a comparrison test, looking at the various attributes of these rifles. In my experience, almost ALL springers shoot slightly differently from one another-or maybe it would be better to phrase it as "no two spring rifles shoot identically".

Please add your own thoughts to my ramblings
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Older Venom tuned guns are smoother and gentler than the current V glides which could be described as short-er and snappy-er. I suspect the older ones feel 'nicer' and sound sweeter but the newer ones with shorter lock times might actually perform better.

It depends Graham whether you want your 'special friend' for a 'nice feel' or 'better performance'. You tell me??
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

[It depends Graham whether you want a 'nice feel' or 'better performance'. You tell me??[/QUOTE]

Lets stick to airguns, eh Nick?

I want the Holy Grail, Gentle recoil, good accuracy and NO hold sensitivity - I may just have found it too

All lies matter

Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    [It depends Graham whether you want a 'nice feel' or 'better performance'. You tell me??

I want the Holy Grail, Gentle recoil, good accuracy and NO hold sensitivity - I may just have found it too[/QUOTE]

Have you bought a tuned TX

Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post

I want the Holy Grail, Gentle recoil, good accuracy and NO hold sensitivity - I may just have found it too

Alan.[/QUOTE]

No-John Mallows (Snooper) has got them all

I remember shooting Jon Budd's self tuned TX200 HC's years ago-they had a very fast lock time and shot beautifully- Jon was practically winning every competition he entered with them (seriously-he was beating FT Guns)-I found I preferred the genteel manners of an HW97K.
    Having said that, the modern V-Mach'd 97k I now own, shoots not too disimilarly to Jon's TX's

The only way I can carry out an accurate and fair comparison of my "Harem" of HW's is to shoot them all in the same stock-probably the One from My Zephyr 77.

All lies matter

Alan.
    No-John Mallows (Snooper) has got them all

I remember shooting Jon Budd's self tuned TX200 HC's years ago-they had a very fast lock time and shot beautifully- Jon was practically winning every competition he entered with them (seriously-he was beating FT Guns)-I found I preferred the genteel manners of an HW97K.
    Having said that, the modern V-Mach'd 97k I now own, shoots not too disimilarly to Jon's TX's

The only way I can carry out an accurate and fair comparison of my "Harem" of HW's is to shoot them all in the same stock-probably the One from My Zephyr 77.[/QUOTE]

A couple of guys at Anston are competing very well indeed against pcp FT shooters and returning very respectable scores, in fact Brian Samson was our highest placed shooter at the recent NEFTA winter league shoot at Hull using my old TX200 mk1

Sounds like both you and Jon should be getting your names down to shoot the British Recoiling Championships on March 24th at Anston, see the link below

http://www.anstonftc.co.uk/

Alan.
    Last edited by Coney; 01-03-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    Older Venom tuned guns are smoother and gentler than the current V glides which could be described as short-er and snappy-er. I suspect the older ones feel 'nicer' and sound sweeter but the newer ones with shorter lock times might actually perform better.
    I agree with the old geyser

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    I agree with the old geyser
    A geyser is a water jet. The word you want is 'geezer'. And not so much of the old.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Have to say I shot an old dog of a 77 last night. it was .22 and my much newer glided 97 is .177 but boy, what a difference. the old one was meant to have been tuned many moons ago but no buttoning on the cylinder for sure. it was so smooth and soft. the new 97, although VERY accurate, is very sharp/harsh and fast. I didn't have long with the old 77 so no accuracy tests, and it was in .22 but it opened my eyes a little.

I'm on the look out for a nice old full length 77 in .177 now lol

Can it really just be years of use? were they tuned a little better back in the day, with more time spent on each individual rifle? is it the newer trend for short stiff springs?

My newer v-glided 97 is great to shoot but I have to say I much preferred the shot cycle of the ol' 77

I think it's fair to say that there are threads on here which have pretty well established the transfer port dimensions, the bore and the stroke for the ultimate 11.2 ft lb springer.

If the new V-Mach tunes have the correct stroke length and transfer port size then they will be amazing.

If the stroke is too long then they may not be as amazing as they could be.

Don't ask me for the actual figures as I don't have them to hand

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

My mate had a Venom HW80, can't remember what Venom called it but By eck was that smoooooooooooooooth and pretty My HW80 seemed like a plain Jane bucking bronco next to the Venom. I bugged my mate for years about buying it off him after he gave up shooting but wouldn't sell it to me
    Some years later we were talking about the good ole days and i asked if he still had it but someone had waved a wedge of green stuff and he took the money and sold it

The HW80 i have now is tuned by Dave Hall
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

...not wanting to open a can of worms here, BUT-are the newer rifles on a par with the rifles built by Ken Turner, Ivan Hancock And Dave Pope? Steve Pope is certainly acknowledged as the finest tuner currently operating-is he as good as the original team> What thinks the BBS springer obsessed collective?

The reason for this thread? Well, I have been on a mission for the past few months, to locate the springer, which in the words of my Friend Dan Horrocks, is "The One"!
    I have sold all but one of my pre-charges rifles and used the funds to search the lenght and breadth (quite literally) of this fine land to search out rare Weihrauchs
    I now intend to carry out a comparrison test, looking at the various attributes of these rifles. In my experience, almost ALL springers shoot slightly differently from one another-or maybe it would be better to phrase it as "no two spring rifles shoot identically".

Please add your own thoughts to my ramblings
    Latest v glides, are streets ahead -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34