Thread: whats your reloading techniques?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Before you go off to a sensai to gain more knowledge i'd ask yourself what you want to acheive? Do you target shoot formally or just for zeroing. Are you a game/vermin shooter? Parabuteo by his own admission is in to target shooting, nothing wrong with that at all but better accuracy means bigger prizes so to speak. Me? I'm a fox and vermin shooter so while i still like and pursue accuracy it's not on quite the same level. If my rifles group under 0.5" at 100yds i am happy, even happier if they'll do that at 200yds. What i'm trying to say is it's too easy to get bogged down with reloading. If you're vermin shooting just keep it simple. Remember KISS, (Keep It Simple Stupid, not calling you stupid like mate, just an acronym.) Just my thoughts, not trying to start up arguments just giving my tuppence of advice.
    Heh heh

Smack on tank,fit for purpose mate. it gets to be a bit of an obsession, not where I expected to go but it's the F/TR way I am aftaid and I'm hooked.

I even hand load for my No4 and I doubt it makes any difference, just a habit.

I am miles off what some of the guys get up to, its about wringing the accuracy out of the rig so you only have yourself to blame I guess

That said, there are benefits in getting the best accuracy out of any rifle (might even save some money) but like you say, dont get too bogged....but sometimes it dont take much.

I know some who go to teh Nth degree, It may not make much difference, but I guess it's down to confidence.

I think even with a reasonably good load there is more to be said for practice than tinkering, one chap I know seems to worry about messing about with loads so much, I dont think he uses the same load twice....then wonders why teh wheels fall off

I doubt he has any idea what is him and what is load

Sometimes though, the only way to get the best out of a comp rig is to hand load.
    Last edited by Parabuteo; 07-03-2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Kept calling poor tank "Mate"
    I'm a maggot in another life you know