Where to start my first airgun was a Meteor mark 5 standard in .22 in 1978. It came from my mums catalouge ( remember when you could even get shotguns that way how did we ever survive. Still have the rifle, still use her. Then it went on hold until 2005. My partner had passed away in 2000 from cancer and I was left with our baby Son at 20 months old and no mum well I got on with it but I needed an hobby as working as well . In 2004 whilst on holiday in Northern Ireland the bug bit again when I shot an old Diana 50 in .22. I was hooked again , now I have an Autistic teenager, had to finish work in 2010 after a serious accident in 2007 left my arm held together with pins and plates and part paralasis in that hand. Now some 150 plus rifles/ pistols I enjoy my hobby. i collect, buy sell some times and enjoy the banter on this part of the forum. When people say I dont complain at the hand dealt I just smile, I am resonabley happy with my lot and my Son, lifes not perfect but theres many who have had it worse than me , and of course I have my airguns.