Started with air guns in the very early fities 51 o52 I think, It was either a Big Chief or Indian Chief, then after a couple of years it was a Diana 15 followed by the Diana 16 then Diana 22. the next gun was the Cadet followed by the Major and then in my opinion the nonpareil Airsporter MK 1. The Major was sold to a fellow apprentice, He was wanting an air rifle so we went for a walk on the Aire & Calder with the two guns and said he could take his pick which ever he fancied. After the five mile walk up the canal he plumped for the lighter Major, It was a minter, he got the damn thing for four quid but in those days that was his weekly wage. Then I'm afraid for me it was girls, more girls and then beer.

Marriage brought two boys and when they were old enough I got out the Airsporter bought the eldest a second hand Meteor and did some plinking in the garden and on a local farm. The guns were stolen from my shed, which I hasten to add was my fault really as the shed was never locked.

Many years later, in fact just two years ago I was with my eldest son in a gunsmiths he was trying to get some measurements of some PcPs so that he could make some shrouds that I asked the proprieter if he had a Cadet or Major in his stock. He promptly lifted his arms above his head and from an out of sight rack produced a Cadet, I let my heart rule my head and bought it. It was varnished and painted black. That's when the collecting bug started, since then I have acquired Airsporters MKI, MKII, MKII MKVI and an RB2 Stutzen, BSA Supers Star in 22, a shite condition Webley Hawk, A HW97K in 177, I have had a damaged Cadet Major given along with a HW 35 both in poor condition but working, a Mercury in 22 and Cometa and two Meteors in 22.

The wife wants to know why I want two guns when I can only shoot one at a time, I don't know what to say.

See you all at Melbourne, me and the lad are booked in at the Premier.

Mel