Thread: How and when did your particular air gun collecting bug actually bite.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

dosnt add up

I started with the old gat and webley pistols.We used to divide up in to teams, British and germans, then shoot at each other,the rule was, dont shoot at heads.But the day "Sweetie" got a .177 between the eyes we stopped, swearing he was ok we thought it would be wiser to stick to tin cans etc. He was combing his hair three months later and the pellet sort of popped out. We were aghast at how shiny it was.
    These were more casual days when you could walk down the main street with a rifle over the shoulder and no one would worry.Now days a swat team would arrive, before you had time to roll an old holborn ciggy.The farmers were ok about knocking off rabbits if you asked them.When i could afford it i bought a mk1 meteor .22..then a Airsporter. I could light a red topped match at twenty yards with the Meteor.But the Airsporter seemed a nicer looking rifle and had all the acolades but i couldnt understand why the meteor was more accurate and seemed to have the same power....You could drop a rabbit at 75 yards with the airsporter, but the meteor was passe...
    Fast forward fifty years and i find the meteor and airsporter spring are the same,..same power plant, the meteor isnt as sexy but, its lighter nice and simple to work on, and in my humble opinion, one of the best designs. If its in good order i reckon its as good as the Airsporter. I have the suspicion that the forman at the factory was told to detune them as it would slow airsporter sales..or something like that.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

o no, now i want to go back on my fishing nostalgia trips to and dont talk about fishing reels,here i go again.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,