Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
Hey up John

I recently got back in to fishing after a twenty year layoff, I dug my tackle out of the shed and, the same as most fogeys on here, prefer the rugged durability of Mitchell reels, I've about a dozen of them including one 1950's half bail arm 300, I was told on a fishing forum that it's a 'Bitsa' reel made up of parts that don't really belong together but it works OK, not that I use it...

I have a Mitchell Match that I bought from the bootsale for a quid!!, It works fine but has hardly any paint on it at all

I also have a blue one that I bought new years ago, it's still in good order and is so well made that it's a pleasure to trot a stick with (just blimmin heavy when fitted to my 13' Diawa Whisker Kevlar rod

Last year I started buying carp gear to have a go in ernest, acquired a couple of new Diawa 21/4lb tc rods and a couple of 'fangled' baitrunner reels and the accessories but didn't get going, probably this year

Just had Mel round at ours with a very nice Cadet major and Airsporter he's going to have a go at the Airsporter stock as someone has refinished it but it looks as though they picked it up wjhilst still wet

Nice bloke is Mel, he's coming to the MM fayre too with his lad

Cheers, John
Liked the half bail 300 John and an early Garcia Mitchell 440 for a £1, nice to see the Goldenknackers monica isn't just good for air rifles . It really is spooky how similar we all are in our likes, dislikes and how things panned out with kids, hobbys etc. In our little collectables corners great minds really do think alike . Still got my Daiwa Whisker Kevlar as well mate.