Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
John Mate, where are you ??

John.

Hey up John

I've been busy in the garden (more like jungle actually )!! been back and forth to the dumpit site and had a good clear out!!

My very first gun was a Webley Junior rifle that my grandad bought for me when I was around 8yo, I didn't have it long as I accidentally shot my dad in the bum with it!! (never saw it again and wasn't allowed another until I was 14 )

My next gun was also a little Webley Junior rifle which I shot my brother in the belly with (not an accident this time, he was goading me )

My collecting started slowly as there were bills to pay, kids to raise but I stopped with the fags back in '06 and couldn't believe how much spare wonga I accumilated!!

Work has dropped off over the last few months so buying has all but stopped now, the last gun I bought was a Crosman 2240 but I never received it, turned out the seller was a 23 year old company director that had just started scamming and I was his first 'trick'...

I keep checking over on The Hunting Life forum to make sure that he doesn't scam anyone else, i've also 'outed' him on there as it's clear that i'll never get a reply from him (mutiple PM's, texts etc)

Anyhow, that's the first time i've been conned in years of buying so I count myself as being lucky

I recently got back in to fishing after a twenty year layoff, I dug my tackle out of the shed and, the same as most fogeys on here, prefer the rugged durability of Mitchell reels, I've about a dozen of them including one 1950's half bail arm 300, I was told on a fishing forum that it's a 'Bitsa' reel made up of parts that don't really belong together but it works OK, not that I use it...

I have a Mitchell Match that I bought from the bootsale for a quid!!, It works fine but has hardly any paint on it at all

I also have a blue one that I bought new years ago, it's still in good order and is so well made that it's a pleasure to trot a stick with (just blimmin heavy when fitted to my 13' Diawa Whisker Kevlar rod

Last year I started buying carp gear to have a go in ernest, acquired a couple of new Diawa 21/4lb tc rods and a couple of 'fangled' baitrunner reels and the accessories but didn't get going, probably this year

Just had Mel round at ours with a very nice Cadet major and Airsporter he's going to have a go at the Airsporter stock as someone has refinished it but it looks as though they picked it up wjhilst still wet

Nice bloke is Mel, he's coming to the MM fayre too with his lad

Cheers, John