Thread: How and when did your particular air gun collecting bug actually bite.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    Oh that is nice, VERY VERY NICE, always wanted one back in the day, just couldn't afford an RS2000 bloody expensive then, even more so now. I had an all black 1976 (P registered) 1600 Ghia MK2 with twin choke webbers and Janspeed exhaust. I did manage the RS alloys on mine though, eventually.
    Gary, I had a 1976 1600 ghia in metallic blue with a black vinyl roof and a set of minilite alloys!! which set me back 3 weeks wages! those were the days my friend.. regards alan... then there was a sp250 (dont start!)

The wife wants to know why I want two guns when I can only shoot one at a time, I don't know what to say.

See you all at Melbourne, me and the lad are booked in at the Premier.

Mel[/QUOTE]

i was at the three counties show a couple of years ago looking on an air rifle stand as you do. i was talking to another man who was like me getting grief off his wife "why do you need another gun havent you got enough you can only shoot one at a time " all the usual, so we were both getting it in the neck. i turned around to my wife and said you know ive got a fly rod she replied yes would i use it for beachcasting she replied no you would use your beachcaster so there genlemen was her answer and the other man smiled with agreement and both our wives were speechless

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by dingle View Post
    The wife wants to know why I want two guns when I can only shoot one at a time, I don't know what to say.

See you all at Melbourne, me and the lad are booked in at the Premier.

Mel
    i was at the three counties show a couple of years ago looking on an air rifle stand as you do. i was talking to another man who was like me getting grief off his wife "why do you need another gun havent you got enough you can only shoot one at a time " all the usual, so we were both getting it in the neck. i turned around to my wife and said you know ive got a fly rod she replied yes would i use it for beachcasting she replied no you would use your beachcaster so there genlemen was her answer and the other man smiled with agreement and both our wives were speechless[/QUOTE]

Smart answer that Dingle, It's at the back of my mind for the next time
    Chers

mel

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by wotswot View Post
    Gary, I had a 1976 1600 ghia in metallic blue with a black vinyl roof and a set of minilite alloys!! which set me back 3 weeks wages! those were the days my friend.. regards alan... then there was a sp250 (dont start!)
    Those were the days hey Alan . I've always loved my Fords. My first was a Ford Anglia 105E deluxe painted bright red with the white flash like the Starky and Hutch Gran Torino talk about bright, it was nie on impossible to do any errrr courting in that thing, but we managed . Then had a metallic green H reg Cortina MK2 1600E with Rostyle wheels, absolutely loved it, gorgeous motor. Then switched to MK3s with a roman bronze K reg Cortina 2000 GT, later got a M reg white, black vinyl roof on an 2000GXL both with the four headlights they were lovingly called the poor mans Porsche in Liverpuddle in those days . Final MK3 was a P reg 2000E estate (oblong head lamps) in dominion blue it was like a double bed on wheels and used like one . Switched to a MK4 Cortina 2000 Ghia, that was nice, tinted windows (new then) and dark brown crushed velour seats, terrible for errrrr hard to explain stains on the errrrr passenger seat . Used to spend most Saturdays in the local scrappy those days seeing what improvements we could errrrrrrr find for these cars. A mate would be waiting on the other side of the fence and all the little treasures would then be tossed over to him . We ran those things on an absolute shoe string. My best find was a Chrome rocker cover and chromed webber carbs which went straight onto the 1600E. I had this silly habit, god only knows why of driving down my mothers street in reverse doing around 40 with the gearboxes screaming. Subsequently I was not well thought of by the neighbours . Happy days though, a fast Ford with a lovely young girl in the passenger seat, nowt else mattered back then .

Did go to Triumph for a while after the MK4 Ghia, got a bright yellow/black roof 1850 Dolomite Sprint WITH OVERDRIVE . Liked that A LOT. Got married then and swapped it for a Fridge Freezer, Colour TV and VHS recorder . Was I gutted. Christ what would that Dolly Mint be worth now . My sons often ask me what these cars did to the gallon and do you know, I don't have a clue. Petrol price was not an issue back then.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops