Thread: What's mean a stamp Hull Cartridge weihurach????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What's mean a stamp Hull Cartridge weihurach????

hi guys a friend of mind asking ....please whats mean a stamp Hull Cartridge weihurach air rifle? recently he bought a HW99 from our local RFD when he brought it with him in our local shooting club everybody said to him that your rifle is NOT AUTHENTIC because it doesn't carry the Hull Cartidge stamp on the barrel!!!!???...he think seriously now to return the rifle back to the RFD store...but I said wait and let me ask the experts first? please can you help...... is his air rifle authantic german made or just imitated (faked) weihurach rifle?????...... cheers

Hull cartridge

Quote Originally Posted by massa View Post
    hi guys a friend of mind asking ....please whats mean a stamp Hull Cartridge weihurach air rifle? recently he bought a HW99 from our local RFD when he brought it with him in our local shooting club everybody said to him that your rifle is NOT AUTHENTIC because it doesn't carry the Hull Cartidge stamp on the barrel!!!!???...he think seriously now to return the rifle back to the RFD store...but I said wait and let me ask the experts first? please can you help...... is his air rifle authantic german made or just imitated (faked) weihurach rifle?????...... cheers
    Hi Massa
    Hull cartridge are the official importers to UK. If its not a Hull cartridge Import the power may be set at the lower German limit which is much lower than ours and If your friend has a fault with it Hull wont guarantee it and your friend will have to pay for any faults to be repaired. Id get the serial number which will be a long number stamped some where on the gun ,give Hull a ring and see what they say. Id also get it checked on a chrono graph (the club got one??). That said I had a fault with a Hull gun which appeared when it was tuned and I got it fixed myself .The gun is almost certainly a Weirauch it may just be one not intended for UK market. Its a bit like the "grey" japanese Import cars ok till they go wrong then no warranty .

Hull Cartridge is simply the official importer in the UK. Other RFD can import Weihrauch too so our friend's rifle is likely to be one of these so called 'grey imports'. The only different is the stamp and who covers the warranty. The only big issue is a grey import may have to go back to Germany if there is a problem other than Hull with Hull Cartridge so the turn around time is likely to be longer. I have been buying greys for years as they are usually cheaper and have had no problems.

It will be a genuine Weihrauch air rifle, made in Mellrichstadt just like all the other HW's.

Hull Cartridge stamp the barrels of the airguns they import, and will carry out warranty work only on those airguns. If your friend bought the gun new through a shop then they will be responsible for warranty work, so it is nothing to worry about.

Weihrauch make most of their guns in several versions, one for their domestic market (7.5J, 5.5ft/lb limit) and others for export markets. Chrono the gun to check it is a u.k spec and then enjoy your shooting. HTH

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    It will be a genuine Weihrauch air rifle, made in Mellrichstadt just like all the other HW's.

Hull Cartridge stamp the barrels of the airguns they import, and will carry out warranty work only on those airguns. If your friend bought the gun new through a shop then they will be responsible for warranty work, so it is nothing to worry about.

Weihrauch make most of their guns in several versions, one for their domestic market (7.5J, 5.5ft/lb limit) and others for export markets. Chrono the gun to check it is a u.k spec and then enjoy your shooting. HTH
    I bought my HW 35 from the gun shop in the Old Christchurch Rd, Bournemouth, in 1976...I only noticed 2 years ago that it didn't have the Hull Cartridge stamp on it.

If I remember correctly it cost £65.

It has never let me down and always been accurate and up to a good power level.

Cheers

Steve ( ;-)>

secretagentmole Guest
    In the 70s I believe Edgar Brothers were importing the venerable HW into the UK!

Now your friend's gun has probably come from somewhere like The Sportsman Gun Centre, who fed up with the prices being levied by HC, import the guns themselves. Now remember there have been plenty of problems with HC guns being over power, under powered and generally lousily finished. I would guess that the gun has been checked, but get it checked again for peace of mind. It is as genuine as an HC gun, just HC will refuse to work on it, should there be problems, but would you want the hassle of having to ship the gun to the other side of the country anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    In the 70s I believe Edgar Brothers were importing the venerable HW into the UK!

Now your friend's gun has probably come from somewhere like The Sportsman Gun Centre, who fed up with the prices being levied by HC, import the guns themselves. Now remember there have been plenty of problems with HC guns being over power, under powered and generally lousily finished. I would guess that the gun has been checked, but get it checked again for peace of mind. It is as genuine as an HC gun, just HC will refuse to work on it, should there be problems, but would you want the hassle of having to ship the gun to the other side of the country anyway?
    hi matey spot on I did call my friend after I read your comment and other member comments he confirm to me that he bought his weihrauch from SPORTSMAN GUN CENTRE...

Nikharvey is offline Goes by the name of Marjorie at weekends...
    Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post

They still charge the same price as everyone else but you get a gun that may have to go back to Germany,I wouldn't have a problem with a grey import as long as I make a bit of a saving but why should I have a grey import to line someone elses pocket ?
    ''It is said we learn by our mistakes........clearly not as we keep making the same mistakes.'' My Theory
    ''War is the continuation of politics by other means'' Carl Von Clausewitz.

Both my Weihrauchs have not got the Hull cartridge stamp, admittedly the HW80 is 2nd hand but I bought the HW97K from a well known dealer (Sportsman Gun Centre) last year for £292.00 brand spanking new and kicking out just under 11.5ftlb with a year warrantee and great service, I have since put a tuning kit in and the internals were spot on for a standard gun, none of this chopped spring stuff you hear about just a well put together gun, don't understand all the worrying about if something goes wrong, what can go wrong - a spring snap?? big deal, it would cost more to send the thing back to hull cartridge then replace it yourself.

Tell your mate not to worry, all the Hull Cartridge snobs at the range should keep there opinions to themselves as they obviously don't know what they are chatting about....just enjoy your gun and shooting.
    1970 FWB 300 - FWB 127 Sport - HW80 1983 - 1984 HW77K - HW30S - HW35 - AIRMASTERS 77FTS
    TX200 Mk2 .22 - TX200 Mk2 .177 - TX200SR Mk1 .177 Walnut - PROSPORT.177

Stamp or not wouldn't worry me in the slightest.

Whether the gun is smooth accurate and of sufficient power for my needs is what matters. If yours (your friend's) is then nothing to worry about. If it isn't and it was bought new then return it to the dealer who is responsible for putting it right or replacing it.

It is unlikely to go wrong later (except by misuse), but if it does so once the warranty has lapsed, there are plenty of spares available and willing individuals out there to put it right if you/your friend cannot do so themselves.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    I bought my HW 35 from the gun shop in the Old Christchurch Rd, Bournemouth, in 1976...I only noticed 2 years ago that it didn't have the Hull Cartridge stamp on it.

If I remember correctly it cost £65.

It has never let me down and always been accurate and up to a good power level.

Cheers

Steve ( ;-)>
    Lasted longer than the gun shop. Where abouts was it?

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Lasted longer than the gun shop. Where abouts was it?
    Walking up the Old Christchurch Road, it was on the left on the last corner before the straight going up to the round a bout

It was a great shop run by a fantastically enthusiastic guy - I asked him what air rifle he would recommend - the rest is history

Cheers

Steve ( ;-)>

No Hull stamp on my mk1 1983 HW50 but Weihrauch confirmed the serial

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    Walking up the Old Christchurch Road, it was on the left on the last corner before the straight going up to the round a bout

It was a great shop run by a fantastically enthusiastic guy - I asked him what air rifle he would recommend - the rest is history

Cheers

Steve ( ;-)>
    I'm probably sitting right above where it was... or not that far away... depends which roundabout you mean... the big one at the top or the one at the top of the pedestrian zone. Shame, could have been dead handy