Thread: Heavy Daystate Mk 3 !

Heavy Daystate Mk 3 !

I have a Lighthunter single shot in .22 and wanted a nice multishot .177..
    Was seduced by a lovely Daystate Mk 3 and bought it...( walnut stock is
    pretty )
    Had a large scope (FT type ) on it so I sold that on here and bought a less heavy, less high mag mildot.(Only shoot at up to 35yds )
    Zeroed in today and it is brill..One hole groups if I hold my breath resting on a big cushion..Trouble is , I'm a little wimpy guy and it does seem heavy shooting freehand.
    I have developed a better holding technique for it through practice and I can now shoot as well with it as with the Lighthunter, ( it appears so far ).
    Question...
    Is there a lighter multishot rifle out there that has Daystate 3 quality nice walnut etc ?
    Is a Firefly or bullpup the way to go ?
    Any advice, knowledge would be much appreciated...

Gary C Guest
    Sell it and buy a 410 for £300 in Beech
    £300 for a Paul Wilson deluxe sporter stock

Lightweight and a thing of beauty

Thanks for the thought Gary...Looked at a 400 series before I bought the Daystate..The blueing looked like a kid had done it with his watercolour set..
    This put me off especially as the gun had scratches that made the blueing look really shallow..Years ago I used to blue steel by heating it up and quenching in whale oil..The results were better tyan I've seen on AA's..IMHO

If you want the same quality woodwork etc, what about the X2 prestige? approx 1lb lighter

Alan.

I am the proud owner of a MK3 Bullpup which was made for the same reason - weight! It was made by Dave Brayford assembling the pieces. The only problem is that the stock is one of only 20 made about 10 years ago and was left behind at Daystate. It was just about to be made into a walking stick!

It might be worth emailing Dave at SCR Ltd (they have a web-site) as he does still get the occasional Bullpup, or perhaps looking into a Mk3 Sporter which weighs about the same as a Harrier X.

Mk 3

Thanks for the info Samantha. I'll have a look in the piggy bank!

I think that Samantha has said it all. The Mk3 Sports has all the features of a RT and is about the same weight as a X2, depending on the stock which can vary.

You would be hard pressed to find any difference in shot consistency because of the regulating effect of Lean Charge technology and you also get the benefit of paying £200 less.

The Sports is actually slighly cheaper the the top-of-the-range regulated X2 prestige and offers more shot economy. You would also get a gun with match winning potential straight out of the box, without the need for any modifications and additions, except for adjusting the trigger to suit individual taste.

David

Single stage seems to be the way to go with the MK3 trigger, they feel very sweet set that way on the one's i've tried. I think the mk3 sports is cracking for the price.

Martin.

Sell it, apply for a FAC and buy my Mirage, lighter, more powerful and just as accurate. Ask Dave Brayford, his better half uses a 12fpe Mirage.

</Shameless plug>

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Martin
    Single stage seems to be the way to go with the MK3 trigger, they feel very sweet set that way on the one's i've tried.
    Martin.
    I agree 100% - I made mine single stage around 2 months ago. I only wish I had done it when I first got the gun last year.

Dave.

Dave i still have a ringing sensation in my ears, and i was a few lanes down from you on the silhouettes ! poor buggers either side of you.

Martin.

i hope my Dommies loud