Thread: FT in Kent/Sussex

Simonho Guest

FT in Kent/Sussex

Hi everyone.

Anyone know of a friendly club doing FT type shooting in Kent or Sussex?

I already know about Kent Woodsman at Ashford and will be contacting them - just wondered if there were any others??

I'm an ex clay shooter looking to do something quieter and more precise - and maybe get my 13 yr old Son involved.

Thanks in advance!

Simon

PS I posted this on the uk & worldwide board (No, I don't know why either! )and it was suggested that I might get more response from the general board - so here goes...
    Last edited by Simonho; 26-04-2005 at 05:39 PM.

Scarecrow Guest
    Don't know anywhere in Sussex, but do shoot at Kent Woodsmen.

Fairly friendly bunch, usually set out a 30 target course on Sundays, that most people shoot through twice, if they so wish. Score cards can be kept, scored on the HFT system, i.e. 2 pts for knockdown, 1 pt for faceplate, 0 for a complete miss. These cards are used to determine handicap for any club comps.

They also field teams in the SE Winter League if your interested in pukka competitions, as well as having a few members who go along to shoot in Grand Prix comps.

Not much else I can say really, other than if you want to give FT a go, you would be given a warm welcome.

HTH

Darren Petts Guest
    BFTA clubfinder here

If you are talking "proper" FT then our club wouldnt really be of interest, however if you want a friendly club that shoot knockdowns as well as paper targets and also good old plinking then the Dover and Deal club is very good indeed

The main rule (apart from obvious safety rules) is to enjoy yourself, and under cover in comfort, young shooters are very welcome to

Baz

I can recommend Ford ranges if your based west of Brighton. It’s a good friendly airgun club & it’s open every day of the week, unlike many others. It also does HFT, vermin shoots, rimfire, clays & once a month it does Airsoft in a big way. Worth looking into if your prepared to travel a bit from the Kent/East Sussex border.
    “A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.”

Simonho Guest
    Thanks guys!

I'll investigate all your suggestions.

Dann Guest
    Why not try St Peters in Tunbridge Wells?

pm me if interested in details

atb

Nick