Quote Originally Posted by swidds View Post
recycling jokes aside.. when I was a member of my local airgun club (moved completely into full bore now), they used to give me the collected lead from the back stop. You'd be surprised how much good quality lead builds up on a back stop over a month with a 300 member base.

This would go straight into my Lee melter and turned into what ever I need. The lee melter was only 45 quid and the bullet molds mostly came with the guns I bought (they are usually about 25 quid anyway). I get lead from the local shooting range and have a load from my parents recent roof renovation which will last me a while. My local metal scrappy says he could do some for me as well.

So, I'm not sure if its cheaper than just buying what you need, but it doesn't cost to much to set yourself up... its all part of the shooting experience for me, especially so when you put a DIY lead ball through the V-bull
Thought about the Lee melter but not sure of a good lead supply locally and if i gotta buy via post it pushes costs up around what the balls are to start with.