after some bits for the 2 rough ones I've recently bought. They are both missing the foresight and one is missing the rearsight as well.

What do people reckon to this pistol? It seems to have the potential but has many failings.
It is a decent pistol apart from crap sights (I guess),a heavy trigger and brittle plastic grips
However, I do think it has potential. I like the leather piston washer so that is staying. I may see if I can find a couple of washers to add to the piston as weight if I can find some of the right diameter.
One of these has slightly stretched cylinder end pin holes. I notice that it is the one that has the larger diameter pin as well so it must have been a problem with the smaller pins? Not wanting to get the cylinder welded or try to drill out for a larger pin, cut down a metric roll pin of a slightly larger diameter and it seems to be a good fit.
I have a feeling that the pistol may be over sprung with the spring as standard (It is a Diana 25 spring) so I may take a couple of coils off it.
The trigger is really heavy and does not seem a great design. The two sears are about 1/8 inch thick (0.125) but the trigger piece is 0.080. The sear spring is quite small and does not really work until the trigger adjustment is taken up quite a lot. made a trigger piece that is 1/8 thick and that has improved things a bit. trying to get the sears built up a bit but as the 2 sears pass through a narrow gap where they engage, that will always be a problem.
going to hopefully get some help with a set of wood grips for these. A prototype set of wrap around ones were not right. It looks like they will need making in 3 parts, with one side and the centre being glued together and the centre piece drilled to take a 2ba screw that the frame has been drilled for. This should make the grips more stable and take some of the stress off the grip screws. The parts diagram shows the frame drilled and a screw, but as far as I know, Milbro did not introduce it into production.
The rearsight is mounted on a L shaped bit of plastic that is screwed to the cylinder end plug. This does not seem stable and one gun has a hole on the cylinder so wondering if Milbro screwed the front of this plastic to the cylinder on later guns? found a (chinese?) rearsight that I have managed to fit to the cylinder with an extra screw but I need the small circlips for the pivot pin. So far trying to shape a bit of aluminium for the foresight.
Any views appreciated