Thread: diana model 2 gat pistol...

diana model 2 gat pistol...

HI ALL,
    a bit of a long shot (pardon the pun) but ive got one of the above,but its not got the screw in pin at the back,i lost that when i was a kid and shot a match into my left eye
    well im getting it back into working order (only to get it complete again,not for competition )
    ive seen a drawing of the pin on chambers web site,but i want to see an actual one sticking out the back of the gun,as im going to turn it myself on the lathe,
    so has anyone actualy got one ? and can tell me how much it sticks out the back ?
    long shot, i know
    thanks,
    JJ..
    lots of takedowns

5thplaceron Guest
    Hi, can give you the sizes of a Harrington gat,the pin is 3/4 inch 1/4 inch of thread ,nob is 3/4 of an inch,have a new barrel and washer for diana gat, but the Harington gat probe will not screw into the diana barrel, so threads must be different but from memory the probes where about the same size,hope this helps ,Ron.

5th P's dimensions sound about right. IIRC you'll want to parallel knurl the not-quite-ball bit on the back end of the knob.

Interesting memories of one of those in the 60s. It was actually quite beautifully finished with a rich even blue and nice wood for the handle. Imagine my disappointment when I popped at rabbits only 60 or 80 yards away, and not one of them had the good grace to fall over

Regards,
    MikB
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

Hi mate,
    My sister's got one, I'm going home this weekend so I can take piccys and measurements off the mod.2 while I'm there if you like and email them to you. Let me know if this would help.
    HTH, Jamie

thanks,
    il pm you on that as well,
    cheers all,
    JJ..
    lots of takedowns

I have a .177 SP50 knocking about, guess it may be the same. If the others don't come off let me know and I'll measure it up etc.

Cheers

Richard
    Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger

thanks,
    its the part 8/1 im on about doing,
    mod 2
    maybe even replacing the fastning pins while im at it,
    JJ..
    lots of takedowns

Give DM80 a shout (he post on here). He has recently stumbled across a large selection of new spares for older model Dianas. You never know - he may have one.

H.T.H.
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk