Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polish lady needs airgun information

Polish lady needs airgun information

Kasia has already been mentioned on the forum here, she is looking for information for a university project, but so far has had very little. Come on, boys and girls, we can do better than that?!

She shoots FT/HFT in Poland, she is also an English teacher. I met her first through the BBS and then in person last weekend at the big Polish shoot at Morsko (near Krakow), where over 200 shooters from Poland, Russia, Byelorussia, Lithuania, Germany, Austria and England (and Cornwall - see here - second message down!) had an excellent weekend.

She has a degree project through the University of Warsaw, currently entitled something like "Airgunning and the British Countryside".

She needs information about:
    1. History of airguns, types of airguns and the law relating to airguns in the UK

2. Non-hunting uses - FT, HFT, Silhouettes and any other non-hunting uses

3. "Blood uses" - mainly hunting (I'm not sure if there are other possibilities under this heading other than hunting!)

4. Pest control - reasons for it and who does it.

5. Aspects of airgun misuse from the perspective of the legitimate airgun user.

I have already told her that I feel 3 & 4 above could be combined.

If you feel you have anything useful to offer for this project, please email Kasia direct using kasia321@o2.pl. Too much information is better than too little in these instances.

If you want to see what a Polish shooter can look like, you can see her HERE , just please don't tell everyone or they will all be heading for Morsko next time!

Come on, guys, I bet one or two of you know something about airguns, after all the palaver I see on here?! Go on, drop her a line with a bit of information, some thoughts on one or more of the topics above. Everything helps when you're after information, after all, isn't that what this forum is about? Plus, you'll be making someone very happy ...

Keith

I wish that there were more ladies like that into airgunning in the UK... I will try and send her some info soon, maybe tonight if I get time.

Many thanks for that - I am sending her links etc but I am a bit short on direct information! Anything is helpful, it may not all be used but it is better than not having anything to use. I remember doing homework - and before you cut in - yes, Gary_C, it was a long time ago!

Pinky!

Keith (Gary_C's grandfather - see Gary's post on this page - and they say the Germans are short on humour!)

I just received this from Kasia this evening:

"Keith, you are incredible ((this is so true - Keith!)).
    Thanks again. I have mails from 4 people
    from BBS. They sent some links, and are very helpful
    I did not expect such a great help from all of you "

Whoever you are, thank you - you are saving the face of the Brits in this!! Kasia is the face of modern airgunning, young and enthusiastic, enquiring and intelligent (that lets out a few of us here, then?!).

If anyone else can offer any comments or info on any of the topics in her thesis (see above), please drop her a line, just throw anything helpful in there - do it for Britain, for the BBS!!!

Keith

come on peeps....if you ned motivation......look here
    http://www.firstworldwar.com/posters...s/pp_uk_31.jpg
    A Sapper is someone who quenches your thirst if you require a drink in the desert. If you need to cross the fastest river he will bridge that gap, and if the path ahead is too much to bear, the Sapper will guide you through holding your hand. UBIQUE is his motto - for he and his family have been everywhere.

Sammy - I think your message worked! I just had a mail from Kasia to say she had twenty mails today. So, whoever you all are who wrote to her - many thanks. You know how it is when you say you'll try to rustle up some help for someone and then you have to do it?!!

Keith

Previously, Sunny Wigan-on-Sea, Lancs, now Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Runner
    Kasia has already been mentioned on the forum here, she is looking for information for a university project, but so far has had very little. Come on, boys and girls, we can do better than that?!

She shoots FT/HFT in Poland, she is also an English teacher. I met her first through the BBS and then in person last weekend at the big Polish shoot at Morsko (near Krakow), where over 200 shooters from Poland, Russia, Byelorussia, Lithuania, Germany, Austria and England (and Cornwall - see here - second message down!) had an excellent weekend.

She has a degree project through the University of Warsaw, currently entitled something like "Airgunning and the British Countryside".

She needs information about:
    1. History of airguns, types of airguns and the law relating to airguns in the UK

2. Non-hunting uses - FT, HFT, Silhouettes and any other non-hunting uses

3. "Blood uses" - mainly hunting (I'm not sure if there are other possibilities under this heading other than hunting!)

4. Pest control - reasons for it and who does it.

5. Aspects of airgun misuse from the perspective of the legitimate airgun user.

I have already told her that I feel 3 & 4 above could be combined.

If you feel you have anything useful to offer for this project, please email Kasia direct using kasia321@o2.pl. Too much information is better than too little in these instances.

If you want to see what a Polish shooter can look like, you can see her HERE , just please don't tell everyone or they will all be heading for Morsko next time!

Come on, guys, I bet one or two of you know something about airguns, after all the palaver I see on here?! Go on, drop her a line with a bit of information, some thoughts on one or more of the topics above. Everything helps when you're after information, after all, isn't that what this forum is about? Plus, you'll be making someone very happy ...

Keith
    Well it's only fair after all. I just downloaded her picture and she's already made me very happy ! (purely platonically of course)

Gary C Guest
    She's even prettier in real life chaps.

Bright as a button which means she's far too good for you lot....oh and her boyfriend is called Boneski..

Well I think there must be some of us 's who can advise her on the correct way round for the trigger finger pad on that Domy'

I keep looking and to me it's the wrong way. Unless you push a trigger in Poland.

Ray

Hi Ray - After playing with it in PhotoShop, it looks the same as mine although it is a pity the image is black on black! I think you can see the rounded surface is at the rear, flat surface in front. It was wierd at first but now I feel it is more sensitive than a large trigger blade because the let-off pressure is concentrated in one small area on your finger and you feel more in control. I think she is nobody's fool in this game! Like Gary says - as bright as a button! And then some ... Gary is also right about her bloke - I've met him, too!

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C
    ....oh and her boyfriend is called Boneski..
    No relation to our Mark then
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

..... only if Mark has a big brother !!

And I'm not kidding!

Keith

cottage in the gower in wales or in bartley green
    looking at her pic , i'd give her some advice

Quote Originally Posted by Road Runner
    Hi Ray - After playing with it in PhotoShop, it looks the same as mine although it is a pity the image is black on black! I think you can see the rounded surface is at the rear, flat surface in front.
    Keith
    Had a closer look, yep' it's something else I'm seing.

Ray

Glad we agree! Sometimes I begin to doubt myself, but sooner or later "she" reminds me - I'm just bl***y perfect, aren't I?! She's right, of course!!

Keith