Thread: air logic genesis database

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another Genesis owner!!

Hi,sniper
    I own no:38 bought from manchester airguns back in Dec 87 for £465
    Its still smooth as silk and as accurate as ever! My dad originally owned this rifle and gave it to me for my 30th birthday! i also owned my own till about 1989 i think No:136? i wish i never sold it now! sold it to a member from Oldham and district airgun club! where is it now?? still im being greedy wanting 2. The one i have was fine fettled by Richard Spencer himself at his home near Accrington i think? in his own workshop,back in about 1988 and never needed anything since! I think Richard made enough parts for 200 rifles but think only 175 were finished! His own in .177 all others in .22
    However! there is 2 .177 genesis as mine has been converted to .177 by my Dad! (yes he is a gunsmith) set at 11.2ft lbs
    Wonder what its worth?Richard told me he has heard over £1000 has been handed over for them.
    As for the cocking effort! there is definatly a knack as i have shot over 500 shots in one day with no worries! even compared to the modern precharged rifles of today i think its one of the nicest and most accurate guns i have ever shot!

air logic genesis database

Quote Originally Posted by LeeEv2 View Post
    Hi,sniper
    I own no:38 bought from manchester airguns back in Dec 87 for £465
    Its still smooth as silk and as accurate as ever! My dad originally owned this rifle and gave it to me for my 30th birthday! i also owned my own till about 1989 i think No:136? i wish i never sold it now! sold it to a member from Oldham and district airgun club! where is it now?? still im being greedy wanting 2. The one i have was fine fettled by Richard Spencer himself at his home near Accrington i think? in his own workshop,back in about 1988 and never needed anything since! I think Richard made enough parts for 200 rifles but think only 175 were finished! His own in .177 all others in .22
    However! there is 2 .177 genesis as mine has been converted to .177 by my Dad! (yes he is a gunsmith) set at 11.2ft lbs
    Wonder what its worth?Richard told me he has heard over £1000 has been handed over for them.
    As for the cocking effort! there is definatly a knack as i have shot over 500 shots in one day with no worries! even compared to the modern precharged rifles of today i think its one of the nicest and most accurate guns i have ever shot!
    i saw one in a north east gunshop about ten years ago for a grand, it was there for over a year but in comparison to the limited edition bsa R10 next to it for the same price it made the R10 look like lucky bag tatt......

I had the chance to buy one a few years back
    At a bargain price of £650 but I didn't as a had A very bad shoulder injury at the time and I know me I would of been so tempted to use it Use it and not just admire it's beauty lol
    It was and is a real shame though as I've always wanted one for years