Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: air logic genesis database

sniper22 Guest

air logic genesis database

im the lucky owner of the genesis rifle numbered 149. ive found a little bit of its history and i know of 2 others that are in storage but ready to sell if anyones interested in this slice of airgun history.
    im hoping to be setting up a database of owners of these brilliant and before their time rifles.

does anyone have or anyone they know have a genesis? id like to track all the 175 examples down for me to start a central info area up for them. im in contact with richard spencer who designed the gun. im sure richard will be able to supply spares etc if needed.

Air Logic

#046? lives in Southern California
    California Airgun Shooters Assoc CASA
    (3) TX200 SR .177, TX200 MkII .177, TX200 HC MkIII .22, ProSport .177, S400 HiPower .177(SOLD), AA Side Lever?? .177, HW97 .20 factory walnut Tyrol(SOLD), HW77 vantage venom stock .177, TX 200 clone B40(SOLD) .177, Whiscombe 60FB #0008 .177, AirLogic #046 .22, Park 91 .22, Falcon FN19 TR .177,SAVER 7000 .22, SAVER 303 .22, Don Robinson BSA Custom

sniper22 Guest
    then there were 2.

A friend of mine recently sold numbers 44 & 151.
    Number 44 was boxed as new with 'Mosquito' mounts and Scope.
    I will try and find out where they went to.

Genesis #052

I bought an Air logic Genesis air rifle (carbine) No 052 in Brighton many years ago now and still own it to this day; I have found it an excellent rifle to both own and shoot. I have since made myself a custom stock which, with the Versapod bi pod detached moves the rifles centre of gravity way back to above the trigger (see picture). This helps a lot as I’m sure that everyone who’s handled the Genesis will agree that this is not a lightweight rifle. The trigger position had to be moved forward but I was fortunate in that the existing design (Thanks to Richard Spencer there) allowed me to do this by adding a simple linkage using existing holes and with only minor modification to one part. The resulting trigger action is identical to the original.

The camouflage effect is produced by bonding camouflage material to the French walnut stock, maintaining a small clearance from the barrel sleeve and the rifle is shown with the camo netting removed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by McHilti; 16-02-2007 at 12:18 PM.

Am I right in thinking that the Air Logic Genesis was a full powered single stroke pneumatic sporting air rifle.

Why doesn't anybody do such an air rifle these days? Seems such a great idea (self contained power source but, presumably, recoiless).

Genesis is indeed a single stroke pneumatic.

Several manufacturers have tried offering such a system, but none have really caught on.

Genesis is heavy and not the easiest rifle to cock although I would guess there is a knack to it.

I suppose at the end of the day people like the concept, but not the effort involved in cocking and the extra weight of the mechanism.

Another Genesis owner!!

Hi,sniper
    I own no:38 bought from manchester airguns back in Dec 87 for £465
    Its still smooth as silk and as accurate as ever! My dad originally owned this rifle and gave it to me for my 30th birthday! i also owned my own till about 1989 i think No:136? i wish i never sold it now! sold it to a member from Oldham and district airgun club! where is it now?? still im being greedy wanting 2. The one i have was fine fettled by Richard Spencer himself at his home near Accrington i think? in his own workshop,back in about 1988 and never needed anything since! I think Richard made enough parts for 200 rifles but think only 175 were finished! His own in .177 all others in .22
    However! there is 2 .177 genesis as mine has been converted to .177 by my Dad! (yes he is a gunsmith) set at 11.2ft lbs
    Wonder what its worth?Richard told me he has heard over £1000 has been handed over for them.
    As for the cocking effort! there is definatly a knack as i have shot over 500 shots in one day with no worries! even compared to the modern precharged rifles of today i think its one of the nicest and most accurate guns i have ever shot!

I have no:38

Bury,Lancashire, about 12 miles north of Mancheste

Air Logic Genesis

No. 121 is reported alive and well in deepest Lancashire.

pic please

Hi there
    Can you gents post some photo please. The closer the better.
    cheers, Mike

Remind me where the number is and I will check what mine is. Is it a stock off job? Will get pics this weekend, cant be bothered hunting for camera tonight!
    "If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"

[QUOTE=McHilti;1663033]I bought an Air logic Genesis air rifle (carbine) No 052 in Brighton many years ago

I wonder if that's the one originally owned by the legendary Bill Kennedy, gunsmith at CH Westons in Brighton? Wonderful man, who sadly died on a winter league FT shoot at North Oxon from a heart attack - he was a founder member of Swallows FTC, and we thought the effort of cocking the Genesis (which no one else in the club could manage!) was what brought the attack on. He could take out 55 yarders with it, no problem (.22, as well!).

RIP Bill..

Derek
    Daystate Merlyn LE#12+Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 MC
    AA400 carbine, Zeiler 8-32x44
    Swallows FTC. 'darn 'sarf..

There is one on the shelf in my local gun shop. Its a nice one in pretty good nick if I remember correctly and not too badly priced. Due to advertising for trade I'll not mention the name of the shop but if anyone wants more info let me know.

I had a look at them ages ago and thought they were certainly unique, not really my cup of tea but would love to shoot one.

Garrick

could anyone tell me where is the serial number located on a genesis please?

cheers,
    dave