Just wondering this- what are the laws regarding shooting a wild animal or neighbours hens/chickens if they are repeatedly on your land?
I know a woman who has a pal who holds her FAC and does some culling of deer for SNH or something- she says if a deer comes on to your land you are entitled to shoot it and keep it. Obviously my HW97 won't do this, and I couldn't use my crossbow as that's illegal. So without a FAC and hunting rifle it's a virtually impossible hypothetical scenario? Discharging a high powered lethal rifle near neighbours would no doubt have the plod knockinng at your door anyway
What about pheasants? If one strays on to my land could I shoot that legally?
I've a neighbour who has a house like some hill-billy farmyard even though it's residential. They literally have dozens of rescue battery hens, ducks,geese, dogs,cats,rabbits,snakes you name it....even kept a horse which destroyed part of the fence and pulled out a few conifers we'd planted, as there's no grazing and it was searching for food on our side- did they apologise or offer to fix the fence? no......
Even though I fenced the shared boundary between us to keep their animals out I'm constantly finding the birds wandering about our garden crap*ing everywhere , on our decking and front door area. I know it really wouldn't be good for neighbour relations(!) but would I be within my rights to shoot them- especially the cockerel which has had me awake since 5:30am again.....I know I live rurally but these folk have no consideration for anyone when it comes to noise and keeping their animals in their own land.
So- what's the laws on this? Would the council be able to do anything over the noise of the cockerel? It's only going to get earlier and earlier as we head to the longest day.......