Thread: Steyr LP10 Grips

Steyr LP10 Grips

Hi folks,

I have recently managed to get myself a used 2008 Steyr LP10 Pistol. It is in very very good condition and shoots well. It needed a little adjustment to the stabiliser as it wasn't coming back far enough. Anyway the question is this. On the pistol it has an extra large grip. My hands to be honest are not extra large. Measuring across the palm as suggested suggests on the Steyr website I am on the border between medium & large grips. When holding the pistol with the extra large grip it feels fine, I am aware if I kept this grip a little buffing will be required along the trigger finger area. everywhere else seems fine. The centre bone in my fingers are at the front of the grip and my thumb can sit relatively well on the thumb rest. Do you think its worth trying to find a large grip? Or would I be as well to engineer the one I have around my hand in the little bits that may need it?

It was suggested doing a talc test. Cover my hand in talc and fire off a couple of shots and see where the high spots are. There seemed to be good coverage on the grip afterwards. Maybe the grips are just small made?

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Andy

Apologies its a duplicate thread I think the target & match section might have been a good option too.
    Andy
    Kit: AirArms S400: Hawke Sport-HD 3-9x40 AO IR: AirArms CZ200T 6ftlbs with dioptre sight

quick bump,

Thanks
    Andy
    Andy
    Kit: AirArms S400: Hawke Sport-HD 3-9x40 AO IR: AirArms CZ200T 6ftlbs with dioptre sight

Just my 2 euros worth. There seems to be a variation in the size and shape of the Steyr grips. Do you have long fingers ? , that is is the long middle finger longer than the palm width ?. If the fingers are in the right place and the palm shelf can be adjusted enough and the hand is not strained to hold the pistol that would be your best option. Is it the mechanical trigger version ?
    Evo 10 Compact.

Quote Originally Posted by silvershooter View Post
    Just my 2 euros worth. There seems to be a variation in the size and shape of the Steyr grips. Do you have long fingers ? , that is is the long middle finger longer than the palm width ?. If the fingers are in the right place and the palm shelf can be adjusted enough and the hand is not strained to hold the pistol that would be your best option. Is it the mechanical trigger version ?
    1. No, about a centimetre shorter
    2. yes, it seems so
    3. Yes hand shelf has sufficient movement.
    4. Mechanical

so Dremmel it then?

What pellets do you find work in your LP10? i was using JSB Match (Blue tin heavy 4.51 rifle pellets) They work nice. i sized 25 of them today and that was even better. I am trying RWS R10 pellets first shot with them was a bit shotgun the JSB were pretty much 8 ring all the way.

Thanks
    Andy
    Andy

Hi Andy

Yes I would dremel it.
    I'm using R10 4.49 rifle weight. (The heavier versions are recommended for the LP10). Very happy with these pellets. I have only had my LP10e about a week or so and need an XL grip for it, currently using a small, but shot a 94/100 the other night so very pleased with that.
    Evo 10 Compact.

I have e-mailed about to try get some pellets for trial. The R10 i was easily scoring in the 80s had a bit of a shotgun card on my second to last card (5 shots on each). I changed my aim point from the bottom of the card to the normal place just below the black circle. I think i need to drop the power on it a little. Ill be at my HFT club tomorrow and ill check the power setting. I was using JSB rifle pellets 4.51 and the scored well too.

I need to Dremel the trigger finger part and the thumb shelf and a little where my thumb knuckle sits.

Thanks
    Andy
    Andy