Thread: New .69 Mini Cannon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

always wanted one of these,
    what was the total cost in the end?
    thanks,T

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    tac

PS - I'm VERY interested to know what grade steel you made it from - please PM me if you care to.
    Hi Tac, Thanks for the info, I was told which steel was used but cant remember - will find out though

Quote Originally Posted by TALL View Post
    always wanted one of these,
    what was the total cost in the end?
    thanks,T
    Total cost of the barrel was £375 although i got the carriage thrown in too because I have no woodwork skills at all and no one liked my idea of gaffa taping the barrel to a rollerskate

My father is an antiques collector and had one of these a few months back, I'll find out this afternoon what happened to it.
    I thought it was just an ornament?

Quote Originally Posted by shepp1 View Post
    My father is an antiques collector and had one of these a few months back, I'll find out this afternoon what happened to it.
    I thought it was just an ornament?
    I would guess it was just an ornament, as mine is a Section 1. I'm now trying to find a very cheap wooden ship kit to make a fun target with.

Quote Originally Posted by Denno View Post
    I would guess it was just an ornament, as mine is a Section 1. I'm now trying to find a very cheap wooden ship kit to make a fun target with.
    Section 1 firearm. What a heap of crap the gun laws are in this country. No wonder the rest of the free world laffs themselves fartless at what we have to go through to have smoothbore miniature cannon - EXACTLY what EVERY gang,member uses in their inter-gang warfare.

tac

Section 1 firearm. What a heap of crap the gun laws are in this country. No wonder the rest of the free world laffs themselves fartless at what we have to go through to have smoothbore miniature cannon - EXACTLY what EVERY gang,member uses in their inter-gang warfare.

tac
    I know! and I'm fairly sure if you want a full size working cannon you only need a shotgun cert?

Quote Originally Posted by Denno View Post
    He recons the one he had was potentially usable but as long as it is never fired then it does'nt need an FAC.
    He sold it for £400.

Quote Originally Posted by shepp1 View Post
    He recons the one he had was potentially usable but as long as it is never fired then it does'nt need an FAC.
    He sold it for £400.
    If is is drilled through into the chamber from the touch hole, then it sure does.

Here in UK it is a shootable and valid firearm with a hole like that.

tac

If is is drilled through into the chamber from the touch hole, then it sure does.

Here in UK it is a shootable and valid firearm with a hole like that.

tac
    Tac, I don't believe your statement is strictly true, if the aforementioned cannon is an antique then as long as it is kept as an ornament or curiosity then it is exempt under the firearms act and you can legally own one. However, the moment you go to fire it - and "intent" would be enough, it would then be designated a firearm under the Firearms Act.
    "All marriages are happy. It's living together afterwards that is difficult."