Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hw77 Venom Hunter

still want to know if anyone has had one in bits

Why don't you take it to pieces and satisfy your curiosity. ) as I am sure you would really like to know what you got
    Cheers

Have to say, it means nothing what others have, you might have a standard rifle or a very special one! Get her apart!

just in the middle of a diana 52 strip.but im going in to have a look at the old girl on sunday

Good man!

Let's all have a peek at the pics when you have them!

atvb
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

Its Sunday! What are you doing having a lye-in?

Come on mate, we all want to see her guts

Well keep coming back until we see her stripped!!

You've got us all intrigued now; worse still, I'm even thinking of taking one of mine apart (one I haven't done yet!).

Can't help being nosey!!

Ora best
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Hull Cartridge base rifle No: 13013889; barrel length I think 9" and with moderator about 14.5". What is interesting is that the breach slide is blued. Never looked inside but the action makes a loud "crack" sound and seems very short and fast. Nothing like any other HW77's that I've had. Pellet on pellet at 25m.

No sticker, no engraving so it might not even be a Venom! At least the moderator is I like it because it shoots; so that will do me.

Venom has a long and checkered history. They seemed to have played with all sorts of rifles; whatever took their fancy at the time. Tuned a good few others too. Makes it all very interesting to the point I've given up trying to work out what is and what isn't. Each rifle on its own merits.
    Venom did blue or blacken the Breach

Chris

Hi, Im a mate of Dave's and I am going tomorrow night and we are going to strip the old girl down, will take some pics and post them up when we have finished, cheers Mark.
    Good deals with,pesca,eragon,old bull,twotitans,paladin,gman,howard6750,rafferty,ca v123,lucky trigger,gt550a,bassmanrich,munchman,snipperuk,dm80 ,ali d,ranger,gubby_uk,deadly,gedfinn 2,viper77765,I. J.,SCOTTK,stanbridge,gmac,FRENCHI,2240phil,Gwylan, the piercer

Well, we have stripped the old girl, no lazaglide, looks like a standard venom tune, standard seal, but a venom spring, top hat and guide, no preload at all, still shoots lovely though so not that disappointed, i think i will be putting her up for sale later, just having a think at the moment, cheers Dave.