Thread: What is the difference?

Airgunshooter10 Guest

What is the difference?

I have decided that i am going to get either the Webley tempest or the Hurricane. I know these two models are very simalar but what are the big differeces? Does the Hurricane have a longer barrel? Is it more accurate? Which one would you recommend?

Two main differences IIRC. The Hurricane has a slightly longer barrel ( I think) and it definitely has a better rear sight. I don't know if they still do this, but Webley WAS including a scope mount with the Hurricanes too. No such mount is available for the Tempest. RB

chris ballard Guest
    As above, but you cant actually fit a scope to the Tempest. I had one when I was younger and gave it away Just been given a Hurricane and put a hawke 30 red dot on it. Great fun and 1" groups at 15m without too much effort so god knows what you could do if you really try. Mount is plastic, although someone had an alloy one around. It sticks out quite a bit to allow long pistol scopes, I have cut mine down and it works really well as it acts more like a shoe with no twist etc. The hawke just sits nicely where the rear sight used to be. The Tempest rear sight is more basic, but more robust (all metal) IMHO Beeman do some nice wooden grips, quite fancy a pair, but I have to pay for my new rifle first (MY wife is dead good with money...glad someone is ). A ver robust little pistol.