Thread: Dodgy looking mk3 for sale on that gun sale site

Dodgy looking mk3 for sale on that gun sale site

In the last hour this gun has come on for sale for just £300 with no contact phone number, seems too good to be true so could be our guys from Cheltenham at it again in a different area beware if thinking of going for it only buy cash on collection I may be wrong but just a heads up guys ATB scott

And there's me looking for a mk3 on that site! must admit i didn't see it but thanks for the heads up matey

Rik
    Never pull the trigger unless you know
    you are going to hit what you are aiming at.

Iv emailed him stating my interest & got an instant reply so iv asked for his address to have a look at it & alls gone quiet mmmmmm how strange

Quote Originally Posted by scottyw View Post
    In the last hour this gun has come on for sale for just £300 with no contact phone number, seems too good to be true so could be our guys from Cheltenham at it again in a different area beware if thinking of going for it only buy cash on collection I may be wrong but just a heads up guys ATB scott
    At that price it is very suspicious, one also E-mailed him asking for his location, at the moment there has not been any reply?!

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Air-Rifles/...-gs128567.aspx

Still no reply it would be about 20 miles from me if real,I don't really want it but just thought I'd check it out so I could say its a scammer for sure!!! Warrener how did you get on with the police ? My force were as helpful as a dead dog ATB scott

Who is the Mod on here please?

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by magicesperanto View Post
    Who is the Mod on here please?
    Click on 'View forum leaders' at bottom of the BBS home page!....lists all of the evil ones!

HTH.

Roy.
    Last edited by Retracted_Yeti; 19-03-2013 at 12:04 AM. Reason: missed an 's'
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Thanks mate, I have some info' for them.

secretagentmole Guest
    If his dad looked after the gun that well, how come the scope is cracked?

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Looks to have been taken down when i looked just now. But it shows as "on hold" if you click the link in post #4.
    Last edited by mikec4; 19-03-2013 at 09:25 AM. Reason: didn't check all possibilities before posting - sorry
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

I reported it to the site mods as a possible scam & for them to look into it, I hope they removed it before someone handed any cash over. The thing is now I know what to look for there adds stand out like a beacon I think shutting there ads down can be my new hobby

Dodgy daystate

It's been re-posted about 4hrs ago.

I sent the vendor several messages with only the initial reply, once I asked where he was and when I could view it he went mysteriously quiet.

The old adage "if something seems too good to be true then it probably is" seems fitting on this occasion.

It might be genuine just be careful as there are some unscrupulous people around.

There's also a dodgy HW100 on the same site under the name of Kim Welch

Quote Originally Posted by Bsa22 View Post
    There's also a dodgy HW100 on the same site under the name of Kim Welch
    http://www.GunStar.co.uk/Air-Rifles/...-gs129031.aspx

Be careful with this one.

ATB
    Ray
    Say what is true, although it may be bitter and displeasing to people.

secretagentmole Guest
    They have both been iced by Gunstar, now if they bother to do a bit of checking, get the mobile number, run it, they will see that all of the adverts for car bits have been run in South Yorkshire, suddenly in Durham, this is a scam, the number also involved in selling puppies...