Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First co2 pistol advice...

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....

First co2 pistol advice...

Gents & Ladies,

I'm looking to get into a little bit of co2 plinking and am quite taken with the following two items which I've seen on the Pellpax site:

Sig Sauer X-Five P226 (by Cybergun I think)

H&K P30 (Umarex)

I'd appreciate views/opinions on both be they good or bad (backed up be reasons and experience preferably) before I go ahead and buy anything. As I said, I'm quite keen on those two but am open to other options too.

Cheers in advance
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by Hellequin View Post
    Gents & Ladies,

I'm looking to get into a little bit of co2 plinking and am quite taken with the following two items which I've seen on the Pellpax site:

H&K P30 (Umarex)

I'd appreciate views/opinions on both be they good or bad (backed up be reasons and experience preferably) before I go ahead and buy anything. As I said, I'm quite keen on those two but am open to other options too.

Cheers in advance
    From my limited experience of the Umarex pissles:

The (Sig) RWS 225 is (for some strange reason) more powerful than the other Umarex 'semi-auto replica' pistols. And I can shoot it rather well

The CP88 also shoots well (6" is best / 4" arguably looks best).

The CP99 less good.

By far the most 'serious' Co2 'rep' I've had is the S&W revolver, and the 6" barrel was the best length overall.

There are lots I haven't tried, like the Dan Wessons (BB), or the two you mention above

I'm looking at getting something Co2 for my Nephew, so will watch this thread for ideas

HTH - Phil

Cheers Phil, the RWS 225 sounds good too. I'll go google it!
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

I've got the the P30 and think its a great little gun. Its Very solid and well built and comes in a stylish H&K branded hard case. ( details like that make the difference lol ) A plus point is it can shoot both .177 pellets and steel bbs if this is something that interests you... I've only ever tested the bb side of things a few times as I heard shooting bbs out of it might damage the rifling in the barrel... Close range accuracy is good and It's also fast to reload so its great for 'action' style target shooting.

Cheers, Andy

Gents & Ladies,

H&K P30 (Umarex)

Cheers in advance
    The sig sauer x5 p226 is a smoothbore .177 bb pistol with blowback action. Good fun but not overly accurate.

The H&K p30 is a rifled barreled .177 pistol that fires pellets ( primarily) , but will also fire steel bb's and is non blowback. It should be much more accurate with pellets in its rifled barrel.
    shooting steel bb's in a rifled barrel will eventually ruin the rifling.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    The sig sauer x5 p226 is a smoothbore .177 bb pistol with blowback action. Good fun but not overly accurate.

The H&K p30 is a rifled barreled .177 pistol that fires pellets ( primarily) , but will also fire steel bb's and is non blowback. It should be much more accurate with pellets in its rifled barrel.
    shooting steel bb's in a rifled barrel will eventually ruin the rifling.

Pete.
    In other words, I should buy both to cover all bases?

I think I've a night of watching 'youtube reviews' coming up...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

The rail on the P30 is also a bonus, I've got a crosman laser on mine. It needed a bit of packing out to make it fit properly but once it's zeroed it's great fun!

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...ps73f0faab.jpg
    Last edited by Riggzbee; 21-03-2013 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Riggzbee View Post
    The rail on the P30 is also a bonus, I've got a crosman laser on mine. It needed a bit of packing out to make it fit properly but once it's zeroed it's great fun!

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...ps73f0faab.jpg
    Ooo, that looks nice

Tonight, I am mostly youtubing like mad!

edit: Here's the Cybergun P226 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5b8gtpST5k Airsoft version, but he does also show the Co2 model
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 21-03-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Try a 2240!

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    Try a 2240!
    Oh aye, and what famous modern handgun is that fashioned after, that looks good tucked in my belt as I wander around the house??

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Oh aye, and what famous modern handgun is that fashioned after, that looks good tucked in my belt as I wander around the house??

With the aid of some sticky-backed plastic, toilet rolls and gaffer tape it is possible to make the 2240 look a bit like Robocops gun! It does take some imagination and a fair bit of squinting, but it all becomes worth it when you perfect the walking and turning your head before your body thing.

Hours of fun!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    With the aid of some sticky-backed plastic, toilet rolls and gaffer tape it is possible to make the 2240 look a bit like Robocops gun! It does take some imagination and a fair bit of squinting, but it all becomes worth it when you perfect the walking and turning your head before your body thing.

Hours of fun!
    lol ... I can see where you're coming from. I have a 2260, and if I squint it does look a bit like a BSA Meteor!

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    It's a famous handgun in its own right! Dual wielded in the Rock. I'm a very recent 2240 convert, my initial £75 impulse buy has now had about £200 worth of additions! Great pistols, expecially if you like to tinker.

As a keen modeller I also like the replica models but I don't shoot them seriously and prefer the replica aspect so I stick with BB guns, I am not a big fan of revolvers dressed up as automatics.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

reviews

In other words, I should buy both to cover all bases?

I think I've a night of watching 'youtube reviews' coming up...
    The best reviews imo are on the tube by .... 'switchingtomac' , a Canadian guy.
    Enjoy.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    The best reviews imo are on the tube by .... 'switchingtomac' , a Canadian guy.
    Enjoy.

Pete.
    Yes I found a few of those Pete and they are very good, cheers. Seems the more I look into it the more spoilt for choice I am though...

I think I may go for the P226 X-Five to start with and perhaps get something like the P30 or other pellet compatible gun later; I'm sure I won't be stopping at just the one!

Cheers for the replies so far gents. Does Pad.E still come on here by the way? Not seen him about for a while...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd