Thread: Ever wondered how much an FWB 65

Ever wondered how much an FWB 65

would sell for new? Here's one that was advertised as having only been test fired at the factory.

It sold on eGun yesterday for around £640.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Great pistol, what a price! I see there is a FWB 90 on Gun Star for £550, they must be getting collectors items as well as fine shooting pistols.
    Peter

If Feinwerkbau made the Model 65 again now, and the retail price was £640, I think they would still sell well, so I guess paying the same for one that is effectively "new" is not a bad price to pay.

However, all those years of unused storage may not have been so kind to the internals, but unlike the Giss system there is nothing to rot away on a Feinwerkbau so it could still be ready to shoot and enjoy.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

This thread has aroused happy memories.
    What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?
    W.C. Fields

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Fwb 65

I suspect that any one willing to pay that price has bought it as a collectable so will not shoot it, actualy mine bought new in 1972 has only had the factory test shots through it, apart from the occassional ones I put through it over the following years, certainly no more than 80 or a 100,000.
    Have fun, Good shooting,
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    I suspect that any one willing to pay that price has bought it as a collectable so will not shoot it, actualy mine bought new in 1972 has only had the factory test shots through it, apart from the occassional ones I put through it over the following years, certainly no more than 80 or a 100,000.
    Have fun, Good shooting,
    Robin
    By FWB 65 standards, that's only just run in, Robin!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Hi Gavin
    Most of my guns were bought new, used and kept as part of my shooting history, it's from the days when basically every one used one apart from the odd extravert with a Walther LP2, it served me well, I shot my all time 40 shot personal best with it (384) and I still shoot it very occasionaly when I'm feeling nostalgic.
    They are certainly the most iconic air pistol of all time.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Looking at the one that sold for 755 euros again, it must have been one of the very last made. Its serial number is 145,956. According to Feinwerkbau, around 145,000 of the model 65 were made in total.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

I bought a "new old stock" FWB80 before Christmas for £295, came in a sealed box with all paperwork, Cleaning pellets and a tin of original supply pellets, The only item that was past its best was the tin of pellets and the safety buffer, £8 later the gun shot and still shoots superbly and is a joy to use, I do consider the gun at a total cost of £303 an absolute bargain and would never sell it on .
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more